Product Pathways - Protein Stability
MMP-7 (D4H5) XP® Rabbit mAb #3801
|W IHC-P||M R||Endogenous||28, 20-22||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
MMP-7 (D4H5) XP® Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total MMP-7 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ile264 of mouse MMP-7 protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts mouse intestine (MMP-7 positive), mouse colon (MMP-7 negative) and rat prostate (MMP-7 positive) tissues using MMP-7 (D4H5) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Western blot analysis of extracts from COS cells, untransfected or transfected with mouse MMP-7, using MMP-7 (D4H5) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded mouse small intestine (positive, left) and mouse colon (negative, right) using MMP-7 (D4H5) XP® Rabbit mAb.
The matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs) are a family of proteases that target many extracellular proteins including other proteases, growth factors, cell surface receptors and adhesion molecules (1). Among the family members, MMP-2, MMP-3, MMP-7 and MMP-9 have been characterized as important factors for normal tissue remodeling during embryonic development, wound healing, tumor invasion, angiogenesis, carcinogenesis and apoptosis (2-4). MMP activity correlates with cancer development (2). One mechanism of MMP regulation is transcriptional (5). Once synthesized, MMP exists as a latent proenzyme. Maximum MMP activity requires proteolytic cleavage to generate active MMPs by releasing the inhibitory propeptide domain from the full length protein (5).
- McCawley, L.J. and Matrisian, L.M. (2001) Curr. Opin. Cell Biol. 13, 534-540.
- Coussens, L.M. et al. (2002) Science 295, 2387-2391.
- Sternlicht, M.D. et al. (1999) Cell 98, 137-146.
- Vu, T.H. et al. (1998) Cell 93, 411-422.
- Nagase, H. et al. (1990) Biochemistry 29, 5783-5789.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 8114 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Rabbit)
- 5425 Normal Goat Serum
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.