Product Pathways - Metabolism
Enolase-1 Antibody #3810
|W IP||H M R Mk||Endogenous||47||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Enolase-1 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total enolase-1 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the sequence of human enolase-1. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Enolase is an important glycolytic enzyme involved in the interconversion of 2-phosphoglycerate to phosphoenolpyruvate. Mammalian enolase exists as three subunits: enolase-1 (α-enolase), enolase-2 (γ-enolase) and enolase-3 (β-enolase) that can form both homo- and heterodimers. Expression of the enolase isoforms differs in a tissue specific manner (1). Enolase-1 plays a key role in anaerobic metabolism under hypoxic conditions and may act as a cell surface plasminogen receptor during tissue invasion (2,3). Abnormal expression of enolase-1 is associated with tumor progression in some cases of breast and lung cancer (4-7). Alternatively, an enolase-1 splice variant (MBP-1) binds the c-myc promoter p2 and may function as a tumor suppressor. For this reason enolase-1 is considered as a potential therapeutic target in the treatment of some forms of cancer (8).
- Pancholi, V. (2001) Cell Mol Life Sci 58, 902-20.
- Redlitz, A. et al. (1995) Eur J Biochem 227, 407-15.
- Jiang, B.H. et al. (1997) Cancer Res 57, 5328-35.
- Peebles, K.A. et al. (2003) Carcinogenesis 24, 651-7.
- Zhang, L. et al. (2000) J Surg Res 93, 108-19.
- Wu, W. et al. (2002) Clin Exp Metastasis 19, 319-26.
- Hennipman, A. et al. (1988) Tumour Biol 9, 241-8.
- Feo, S. et al. (2000) FEBS Lett 473, 47-52.
- Muller, F.L. et al. (2012) Nature 488, 337-42. Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9536 Enolase-2 Antibody
- 2024 Hexokinase I (C35C4) Rabbit mAb
- 2804 Hexokinase I Antibody
- 2867 Hexokinase II (C64G5) Rabbit mAb
- 2106 Hexokinase II Antibody
- 3198 PKM2 Antibody
- 3186 PKM1/2 Antibody
- 3188 Aldolase A Antibody
- 2118 GAPDH (14C10) Rabbit mAb
- 3205 Pyruvate Dehydrogenase (C54G1) Rabbit mAb
- 2784 Pyruvate Dehydrogenase Antibody
- 3886 Glycogen Synthase (15B1) Rabbit mAb
- 3893 Glycogen Synthase Antibody
- 3716 HIF-1α Antibody
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.