Product Pathways - Tyrosine Kinase / Adaptors
Phospho-VEGF Receptor 2 (Tyr1059) (D5A6) Rabbit mAb #3817
|W||H M (R)||Endogenous||230||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-VEGF Receptor 2 (Tyr1059) (D5A6) Rabbit mAb only detects endogenous levels of VEGFR2 proteins when phosphorylated at Tyr1059. Since VEGF receptors 1, 2 and 3 share identical sequences within the epitope region, this antibody can also detect VEGF receptors 1 and 3 when phosphorylated at corresponding tyrosine residues.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Tyr1059 of human VEGF receptor 2.
Western blot analysis of PAE/CKR cells, untreated or stimulated with CSF-1, using Phospho-VEGF Receptor 2 (Tyr1059) (D5A6) Rabbit mAb (upper) and VEGF Receptor 2 (55B11) Rabbit mAb #2479 (lower). PAE/CKR cells express a chimeric receptor made up of human CSF-1 receptor extracellular domain and mouse VEGF receptor 2 transmembrane and intracellular domains.
Vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 2 (VEGFR2, KDR, Flk-1) is a major receptor for VEGF-induced signaling in endothelial cells. Upon ligand binding, VEGFR2 undergoes autophosphorylation and becomes activated (1). Major autophosphorylation sites of VEGFR2 are located in the kinase insert domain (Tyr951/996) and in the tyrosine kinase catalytic domain (Tyr1054/1059) (2). Activation of the receptor leads to rapid recruitment of adaptor proteins, including Shc, GRB2, PI3 kinase, NCK, and the protein tyrosine phosphatases SHP-1 and SHP-2 (3). Phosphorylation at Tyr1212 provides a docking site for GRB2 binding and phospho-Tyr1175 binds the p85 subunit of PI3 kinase and PLCγ, as well as Shb (1,4,5). Signaling from VEGFR2 is necessary for the execution of VEGF-stimulated proliferation, chemotaxis and sprouting, as well as survival of cultured endothelial cells in vitro and angiogenesis in vivo (6-8).
- Meyer, M. et al. (1999) EMBO J 18, 363-74.
- Dougher-Vermazen, M. et al. (1994) Biochem Biophys Res Commun 205, 728-38.
- Kroll, J. and Waltenberger, J. (1997) J Biol Chem 272, 32521-7.
- Takahashi, T. et al. (2001) EMBO J 20, 2768-78.
- Holmqvist, K. et al. (2004) J Biol Chem 279, 22267-75.
- Karkkainen, M.J. and Petrova, T.V. (2000) Oncogene 19, 5598-605.
- Rahimi, N. et al. (2000) J Biol Chem 275, 16986-92.
- Claesson-Welsh, L. (2003) Biochem Soc Trans 31, 20-4.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2904 VEGF Receptor 2 Control Proteins
- 8065 Human Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor-165 (hVEGF165 )
- 3770 Phospho-VEGF Receptor 2 (Tyr1175) (D5B11) Rabbit mAb
- 2478 Phospho-VEGF Receptor 2 (Tyr1175) (19A10) Rabbit mAb
- 2479 VEGF Receptor 2 (55B11) Rabbit mAb
- 4991 Phospho-VEGF Receptor 2 (Tyr951) (15D2) Rabbit mAb
- 2477 Phospho-VEGF Receptor 2 (Tyr1212) (11A3) Rabbit mAb
- 2471 Phospho-VEGF Receptor 2 (Tyr951) Antibody
- 2472 VEGF Receptor 2 Antibody
- 2474 Phospho-VEGF Receptor 2 (Tyr996) Antibody
- 2476 Phospho-VEGF Receptor 2 (Tyr951) (7H11) Mouse mAb
- 2893 VEGF Receptor 1 Antibody
- 2638 VEGF Receptor 3 (C28G5) Rabbit mAb
- 2485 VEGF Receptor 3 Antibody
- 2463 VEGF-B Antibody
- 2445 VEGF-C Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.