Product Pathways - Neuroscience
AMPA Receptor (GluR 4) (Ala60) Antibody #3824
|W||M R (H)||Endogenous||100||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
AMPA Receptor (GluR 4) (Ala60) Antibody detects endogenous levels of total GluR 4 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ala60 of human GluR 4. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
AMPA- (α-amino-3-hydroxy-5-methyl-4-isoxazolepropionic acid), kainite-, and NMDA- (N-methyl-D-aspartate) receptors are the three main families of ionotropic glutamate-gated ion channels. AMPA receptors (AMPARs) are comprised of four subunits (GluR 1-4), which assemble as homo- or hetero-tetramers to mediate the majority of fast excitatory transmissions in the CNS. AMPARs are implicated in synapse formation, stabilization, and plasticity (1). AMPARs that lack GluR 2 are permeable to calcium, in contrast to GluR 2-containing AMPARs (2). Post-transcriptional modifications (alternative splicing, nuclear RNA editing) and post-translational modifications (glycosylation, phosphorylation) result in a very large number of permutations, fine-tuning the kinetic properties of AMPARs. Research studies have implicated activity changes in AMPARs in a variety of diseases including Alzheimer’s, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), stroke, and epilepsy (1).
GluR 4 containing AMPA receptors are found in synapses and GluR 4 delivery to synapses and cell surface expression is mediated through phosphorylation of Ser842 by PKA or PKC (3).
- Palmer, C.L. et al. (2005) Pharmacol Rev 57, 253-77.
- Cull-Candy, S. et al. (2006) Curr Opin Neurobiol 16, 288-97.
- Gomes, A.R. et al. (2007) Traffic 8, 259-269.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4027 Phospho-AMPA Receptor (GluR 2) (Tyr876) Antibody
- 3921 Phospho-AMPA Receptor (GluR 2) (Tyr869/Tyr873/Tyr876) Antibody
- 3825 AMPA Receptor (GluR 4) (Arg860) Antibody
- 3437 AMPA Receptor (GluR 3) Antibody
- 2460 AMPA Receptor (GluR 2/3/4) Antibody
- 3450 PSD95 (D27E11) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 3409 PSD95 (D74D3) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 3356 Phospho-CaMKII (Tyr231) Antibody
- 3361 Phospho-CaMKII (Thr286) Antibody
- 3362 CaMKII (pan) Antibody
- 4206 Phospho-NMDAR2A (Tyr1246) Antibody
- 4208 Phospho-NMDAR2B (Tyr1472) Antibody
- 4209 Phospho-NMDAR2B (Tyr1070) Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.