Product Pathways - Neuroscience
AMPA Receptor (GluR 4) (Ala60) Antibody #3824
|3824S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3824||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Human.
Specificity / Sensitivity
AMPA Receptor (GluR 4) (Ala60) Antibody detects endogenous levels of total GluR 4 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ala60 of human GluR 4. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
AMPA- (α-amino-3-hydroxy-5-methyl-4-isoxazolepropionic acid), kainate-, and NMDA- (N-methyl-D-aspartate) receptors are the three main families of ionotropic glutamate-gated ion channels. AMPA receptors (AMPARs) are comprised of four subunits (GluR 1-4), which assemble as homo- or hetero-tetramers to mediate the majority of fast excitatory transmissions in the central nervous system. AMPARs are implicated in synapse formation, stabilization, and plasticity (1). In contrast to GluR 2-containing AMPARs, AMPARs that lack GluR 2 are permeable to calcium (2). Post-transcriptional modifications (alternative splicing, nuclear RNA editing) and post-translational modifications (glycosylation, phosphorylation) result in a very large number of permutations, fine-tuning the kinetic properties of AMPARs. Research studies have implicated activity changes in AMPARs in a variety of diseases including Alzheimer’s, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), stroke, and epilepsy (1).
GluR 4 containing AMPA receptors are found in synapses and GluR 4 delivery to synapses and cell surface expression is mediated through phosphorylation of Ser842 by PKA or PKC (3).
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4027 Phospho-AMPA Receptor (GluR 2) (Tyr876) Antibody
- 3921 Phospho-AMPA Receptor (GluR 2) (Tyr869/Tyr873/Tyr876) Antibody
- 3825 AMPA Receptor (GluR 4) (Arg860) Antibody
- 3437 AMPA Receptor (GluR 3) Antibody
- 2460 AMPA Receptor (GluR 2/3/4) Antibody
- 3450 PSD95 (D27E11) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 3409 PSD95 (D74D3) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 3356 Phospho-CaMKII (Tyr231) Antibody
- 3361 Phospho-CaMKII (Thr286) Antibody
- 3362 CaMKII (pan) Antibody
- 4206 Phospho-NMDAR2A (Tyr1246) Antibody
- 4208 Phospho-NMDAR2B (Tyr1472) Antibody
- 4209 Phospho-NMDAR2B (Tyr1070) Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.