Product Pathways - Ca / cAMP / Lipid Signaling
- Molecular Formula:
- Molecular Weight:
- 410.5 g/mol
Directions for Use
Forskolin is soluble in DMSO and methanol. DMSO solutions can be stored at -20ºC in the dark for at least six months.
Forskolin, a naturally occurring diterpene from the Indian plant, Coleus forskohlii, activates adenylate cyclase, and thus increases the intracellular cAMP concentration (1). The second messenger cAMP activates cAMP-dependent protein kinase (PKA or cAPK) and controls many cellular mechanisms such as gene transcription, ion transport and protein phosphorylation (2).
Purity is greater than 99% as determined by HPLC and TLC.
- Laurenza, A. et al. (1989) Trends Pharmacol Sci 10, 442-7.
- Montminy, M. (1997) Annu Rev Biochem 66, 807-22.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4781 Phospho-PKA C (Thr197) Antibody
- 4782 PKA C-α Antibody
- 9197 CREB (48H2) Rabbit mAb
- 9198 Phospho-CREB (Ser133) (87G3) Rabbit mAb
- 2306 DARPP-32 (19A3) Rabbit mAb
- 9624 Phospho-PKA Substrate (RRXS*/T*) (100G7E) Rabbit mAb
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.