Product Pathways - Metabolism
FAAH1 (C84F1) Rabbit mAb #3829
|W IP IHC-P||M R||Endogenous||60||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
FAAH1 (C84F1) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total FAAH1 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues from the sequence of human FAAH1 protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from rat brain and INS-1 cells using FAAH1 (C84F1) Rabbit mAb.
Endogenous cannabinoids have been implicated in addictive behaviors and drug abuse (1). Fatty-acid amide hydrolase 1 (FAAH1) is a plasma membrane-bound hydrolase that converts oleamide to oleic acid (2). This hydrolase also converts the cannabinoid anandamide, the endogenous ligand for the CB1 cannabinoid receptor, to arachidonic acid, suggesting a role in fatty-acid amide inactivation (2). Mice lacking FAAH1 have significantly higher levels of anandamide in the brain and show decreased sensitivity to pain, further indicating a role for FAAH1 in the regulation of endocannabinoid signaling in vivo (3). FAAH1 null mice also demonstrate an increased preference for alcohol and an increased voluntary uptake of alcohol as compared to wild-type mice, indicating a role of FAAH1 in modulating addictive behaviors (1).
- Blednov, Y.A. et al. (2007) Neuropsychopharmacology 32, 1570-82.
- Cravatt, B.F. et al. (1996) Nature 384, 83-7.
- Cravatt, B.F. et al. (2001) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 98, 9371-6.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2942 FAAH1 (L14B8) Mouse mAb
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 8114 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Rabbit)
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.