Product Pathways - Ca / cAMP / Lipid Signaling
Phospho-PLD1 (Thr147) Antibody #3831
|W||H M R||Endogenous||120||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-PLD1 (Thr147) Antibody detects endogenous levels of PLD1 only when phosphorylated at threonine 147. This antibody does not cross-react with phosphorylated PLD2.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Thr147 of human PLD1. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Phosphatidylcholine-specific phospholipase D (PLD) hydrolyzes phosphatidylcholine (PC) to produce choline and phosphatidic acid (PA). PA is the precursor of the second messenger, diacylglycerol (DAG). Two isoforms of PLD (PLD1 and PLD2) have been identified so far. Both are regulated by protein kinases, small GTPases and Ca2+ (1). PLD1 is phosphorylated at Ser2, Ser561 and Thr147 by PKC (2,3). Phosphorylation at Thr147 and Ser561 regulates PLD1 activity (3).
- Exton, J.H. (1999) Biochim. Biophys. Acta. 1439, 121-133.
- Kim, Y. et al. (1999) Biochemistry 38, 103244-10351.
- Kim, Y. et al. (2000) J. Biol. Chem. 275, 13621-13627.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3832 PLD1 Antibody
- 3834 Phospho-PLD1 (Ser561) Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.