Product Pathways - Translational Control
eIF6 (D16E9) XP® Rabbit mAb #3833
|W IP IF-IC||H M R Mk||Endogenous||27||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
eIF6 (D16E9) XP® Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total eIF6 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the sequence of human eIF6.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell types using eIF6 (D16E9) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Eukaryotic initiation factor 6 (eIF6) is reqiured for the 60S ribosomal subunit assembly in the nucleolus (1). In the cytoplasm, this protein is bound to 60S ribosome subunits and prevents them from joining 40S ribosome subunits to form 80S ribosomes (2). eIF6 is also shown to associate with the RNA-induced silencing complex (RISC) (3). Deletion of eIF6 abolishes the miRNA-mediated gene silencing (3). eIF6 may play its essential role in miRNA-mediated silencing by inhibiting translation initiation or ribosome recycling (3).
- Sanvito, F. et al. (1999) J Cell Biol 144, 823-37.
- Ceci, M. et al. (2003) Nature 426, 579-84.
- Chendrimada, T.P. et al. (2007) Nature 447, 823-8.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3263 eIF6 Antibody
- 2103 eIF2α (L57A5) Mouse mAb
- 3411 eIF3A (D51F4) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 2538 eIF3A Antibody
- 2068 eIF3C Antibody
- 3413 eIF3H (D9C1) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 3261 eIF3J Antibody
- 2013 eIF4A (C32B4) Rabbit mAb
- 2425 eIF4A (F52) Antibody
- 2490 eIF4A1 Antibody
- 2067 eIF4E (C46H6) Rabbit mAb
- 2469 eIF4G (C45A4) Rabbit mAb
- 2617 eIF4G (C65H5) Rabbit mAb
- 2498 eIF4G Antibody
- 3468 eIF4G2/p97 (D1A10) Rabbit mAb
- 2858 eIF4GI Antibody
- 3469 eIF4H (D85F2) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 2444 eIF4H Antibody
- 2480 eIF5 Antibody
- 9644 4E-BP1 (53H11) Rabbit mAb
- 2297 4E-T Antibody
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.