Product Pathways - Neuroscience
EAAT2 Antibody #3838
|W IF-F||M R (H)||Endogenous||65||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
EAAT2 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total EAAT2 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to human EAAT2. Antibodies are purified by peptide affinity chromatography.
Glutamate is the major excitatory neurotransmitter in the mammalian central nervous system. During neurotransmission, glutamate is released from vesicles of the pre-synaptic cell, and glutamate receptors (e.g. NMDA Receptor, AMPA Receptor) bind glutamate for activation at the opposing post-synaptic cell. Excitatory amino acid transporters (EAATs) regulate and maintain extracellular glutamate concentrations below excitotoxic levels. In addition, glutamate transporters may limit the duration of synaptic excitation by an electrogenic process in which the transmitter is cotransported with three sodium ions and one proton, followed by countertransport of a potassium ion. Five EAATs (EAAT1-5) are characterized: EAAT2 (GLT-1) is primarily expressed in astrocytes but is also expressed in neurons of the retina and during fetal development (1). Homozygous EAAT2 knockout mice have spontaneous, lethal seizures and an increased predisposition to acute cortical injury (2). PKC phosphorylates Ser113 of EAAT2 and coincides with glutamate transport (3).
- Amara, S.G. and Fontana, A.C. (2002) Neurochem Int 41, 313-8.
- Tanaka, K. et al. (1997) Science 276, 1699-702.
- Casado, M. et al. (1993) J Biol Chem 268, 27313-7.
- Díaz-Amarilla, P. et al. (2011) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108, 18126-31. Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2460 AMPA Receptor (GluR 2/3/4) Antibody
- 3381 Phospho-NMDAR1 (Ser890) Antibody
- 4205 NMDAR2A Antibody
- 2507 PSD95 Antibody
- 2261 Phospho-(Ser) PKC Substrate Antibody
- 9921 Phospho-PKC Antibody Sampler Kit
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.