Product Pathways - Cytoskeletal Signaling
Phospho-LIMK1 (Thr508)/LIMK2 (Thr505) Antibody #3841
|W||H (M) (R)||Transfected Only||72||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-LIMK1 (Thr508)/LIMK2 (Thr505) Antibody detects transfected levels of LIMK1 and LIMK2 only when phosphorylated at threonine 508 or 505.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Thr508 of human LIMK1. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from COS cells, untransfected (lane 1), transfected with Wild-type LIMK1 (lanes 2 and 3) or with LIMK1 T508A mutant (lanes 4 and 5), using Phospho-LIMK1 (Thr508)/LIMK2 (Thr505) Antibody (top), LIMK1 Antibody #3842 (middle) or HA-Tag (262K) mAb #2362 (bottom). Cells were either untreated (lanes 1, 2 and 4) or treated with PMA (lanes 3 and 5). (Triple HA-tagged LIMK1 plasmids kindly provided by Dr. K. Mizuno, Biological Institute, Tohoku University, Japan.)
LIM kinases (LIMK1 and LIMK2) are serine/threonine kinases that have two zinc finger motifs, known as LIM motifs, in their amino-terminal regulatory domains (1). LIM kinases are involved in actin cytoskeletal regulation downstream of Rho-family GTPases, PAKs, and ROCK (2,3). PAK1 and ROCK phosphorylate LIMK1 or LIMK2 at the conserved Thr508 or Thr505 residues in the activation loop, increasing LIMK activity (3-5). Activated LIM kinases inhibit the actin depolymerization activity of cofilin by phosphorylation at the amino-terminal Ser3 residue of cofilin (6,7).
- Okano, I. et al. (1995) J. Biol. Chem. 270, 31321-31330.
- Maekawa, M. et al. (1999) Science 285, 895-898.
- Edwards, D. C. et al. (1999) Nat. Cell Biol. 1, 253-259.
- Ohashi, K. et al. (2000) J. Biol. Chem. 275, 3577-3582.
- Sumi, T. et al. (2001) J. Biol. Chem. 276, 670-676.
- Arber, S. et al. (1998) Nature 393, 805-809.
- Yang, N. et al. (1998) Nature 393, 809-812.
- Heredia, L. et al. (2006) J Neurosci 26, 6533-42. Applications: IF-IC (In Cells) Western Blotting
- Pandey, D. et al. (2006) Blood 107, 575-83. Applications: Western Blotting
- Croft, D.R. and Olson, M.F. (2006) Mol Cell Biol 26, 4612-27. Applications: Western Blotting
- Hsieh, S.H. et al. (2006) J Neurosci 26, 1006-15. Applications: Western Blotting
- Misra, U.K. et al. (2005) J Immunol 175, 2525-33. Applications: Western Blotting
- Gamell, C. et al. (2008) J Cell Sci 121, 3960-70. Applications: Western Blotting
- Li, Z. et al. (2006) Mol Cell Biol 26, 4240-56. Applications: Western Blotting
- Song, X. et al. (2006) J Cell Sci 119, 2871-81. Applications: IF-IC (In Cells) Western Blotting
- Thirone, A.C. et al. (2009) Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 296, C463-75. Applications: Western Blotting
- Park, J.H. et al. (2011) J Biol Chem 286, 23132-41. Applications: Western Blotting
- San Martín, A. et al. (2008) Circ Res 102, 432-8. Applications: Western Blotting
- Spratley, S.J. et al. (2011) J Biol Chem 286, 34254-61. Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2601 Phospho-PAK1 (Thr423)/PAK2 (Thr402) Antibody
- 2602 PAK1 Antibody
- 2604 PAK1/2/3 Antibody
- 2605 Phospho-PAK1 (Ser199/204)/PAK2 (Ser192/197) Antibody
- 2606 Phospho-PAK1 (Ser144)/PAK2 (Ser141) Antibody
- 2607 Phospho-PAK2 (Ser20) Antibody
- 2608 PAK2 Antibody
- 3311 Phospho-Cofilin (Ser3) Antibody
- 3312 Cofilin Antibody
- 3842 LIMK1 Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.