Product Pathways - Cytoskeletal Signaling
LIMK2 (8C11) Rabbit mAb #3845
|W F||H Mk (M)||Endogenous||70||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
LIMK2 (8C11) Rabbit Monoclonal Antibody detects endogenous levels of total LIMK2 protein. The antibody does not cross-react with LIMK1.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to carboxy-terminal residues of human LIMK2.
Western blot analysis of extracts from Colo201 and Jurkat cells, using LIMK2 (8C11) Rabbit mAb.
LIM kinases (LIMK1 and LIMK2) are serine/threonine kinases that have two zinc finger motifs, known as LIM motifs, in their amino-terminal regulatory domains (1). LIM kinases are involved in actin cytoskeletal regulation downstream of Rho-family GTPases, PAKs, and ROCK (2,3). PAK1 and ROCK phosphorylate LIMK1 or LIMK2 at the conserved Thr508 or Thr505 residues in the activation loop, increasing LIMK activity (3-5). Activated LIM kinases inhibit the actin depolymerization activity of cofilin by phosphorylation at the amino-terminal Ser3 residue of cofilin (6,7).
- Okano, I. et al. (1995) J. Biol. Chem. 270, 31321-31330.
- Maekawa, M. et al. (1999) Science 285, 895-898.
- Edwards, D. C. et al. (1999) Nat. Cell Biol. 1, 253-259.
- Ohashi, K. et al. (2000) J. Biol. Chem. 275, 3577-3582.
- Sumi, T. et al. (2001) J. Biol. Chem. 276, 670-676.
- Arber, S. et al. (1998) Nature 393, 805-809.
- Yang, N. et al. (1998) Nature 393, 809-812.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3841 Phospho-LIMK1 (Thr508)/LIMK2 (Thr505) Antibody
- 3842 LIMK1 Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
Rabbit Monoclonals Produced Using Epitomics® Technology, U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063.
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.