Product Pathways - Protein Stability
E2-25K/Hip2 Antibody #3847
|3847S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3847||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||25||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
E2-25K/Hip2 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total E2-25K/Hip2 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Arg11 of human E2-25K/Hip2 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Protein ubiquitination requires the concerted action of the E1, E2, and E3 ubiquitin-conjugating enzymes. Ubiquitin is first activated through ATP-dependent formation of a thiol ester with ubiquitin-activating enzyme E1. The activated ubiquitin is then transferred to a thiol group of ubiquitin-carrier enzyme E2. The final step is the transfer of ubiquitin from E2 to an ε-amino group of the target protein lysine residue, which is mediated by ubiquitin-ligase enzyme E3 (1).
E2-25K (Hip2) is a member of the E2 protein family that catalyzes multiubiquitin chain synthesis via Lys48 of ubiquitin (2). E2-25K is reportedly involved in Alzheimer's disease, Huntington's disease and antigen processing through its interaction with amyloid-β, huntingtin, and MHC-heavy chain proteins (3-5). Lys14 of E2-25K can be modified by SUMOylation, with this modification resulting in inhibited E2 activity (6).
- Hershko, A. (1988) J. Biol. Chem. 263, 15237-15240.
- Chen, Z. and Pickart, C.M. (1990) J. Biol. Chem. 265, 21835-21842.
- Song, S. et al. (2003) Mol. Cell 12, 553-563.
- de Pril, R. et al. (2007) Mol. Cell. Neurosci. 34, 10-19.
- Flierman, D. et al. (2006) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 103, 11589-11594.
- Pichler, A. et al. (2005) Nat. Struct. Mol. Biol. 12, 264-269.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7075 Anti-biotin, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.