Product Pathways - Protein Stability
UBE2L3 Antibody #3848
|W||H M R Mk||Endogenous||17||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
UBE2L3 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total UBE2L3 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Lys145 of human UBE2L3 protein. Antibodies are purified by peptide affinity chromatography.
Protein ubiquitination requires the concerted action of the E1, E2, and E3 ubiquitin-conjugating enzymes. Ubiquitin is first activated through ATP-dependent formation of a thiol ester with ubiquitin-activating enzyme E1. The activated ubiquitin is then transferred to a thiol group of ubiquitin-carrier enzyme E2. The final step is the transfer of ubiquitin from E2 to an ε-amino group of the target protein lysine residue, which is mediated by ubiquitin-ligase enzyme E3 (1).
UBCH7 (also called UBE2L3) is an 17 kDa ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme E2 (3). It can interact with different E3 ligase including E6-AP, SRC-1, c-Cbl, parkin and mediates regulation of a wide variety signaling pathways and is associated with diseases such as Parkinson's disease (4-7).
- Hershko, A. (1988) J. Biol. Chem. 263, 15237-15240.
- Rajendra, R. et al. (2004) J. Biol. Chem. 279, 36440-36444.
- Nuber, U. et al. (1996) J. Biol. Chem. 271, 2795-2800.
- Verma, S. et al. (2004) Mol. Cell Biol. 24, 8716-8726.
- Garside, H. et al. (2006) J. Endocrinol. 190, 621-629.
- Shimura, H. et al. (2001) Science 293, 263-269.
- Simmons, A. et al. (2005) Immunity 23, 621-634.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7075 Anti-biotin, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.