Product Pathways - Adhesion
ILK1 (4G9) Rabbit mAb #3856
|3856S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3856||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Hamster, Monkey, Zebrafish, Bovine, Pig||Endogenous||51||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Specificity / Sensitivity
ILK1 (4G9) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total ILK1 protein. The antibody may cross-react with ILK2.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the carboxy terminus of human ILK1.
Western blot analysis of cell extracts from various cell lines, using ILK1 (4G9) Rabbit mAb.
Western blot analysis of extracts from HeLa cells, transfected with 100 nM SignalSilence® Control siRNA (Fluorescein Conjugate) #6201 (-) or SignalSilence® ILK1 siRNA I #6202 or SignalSilence® ILK1 siRNA II (+), using ILK1 (4G9) Rabbit mAb #3856 and β-Actin Antibody #4967. ILK1 (4G9) Rabbit mAb confirms silencing of ILK1 expression and β-Actin Antibody is used to control for loading and specificity of ILK1 siRNA.
Integrin-linked kinases (ILKs) couple integrins and growth factors to downstream pathways involved in cell survival, cell cycle control, cell-cell adhesion and cell motility (1). ILK functions as a scaffold bridging the extracellular matrix (ECM) and growth factor receptors to the actin cytoskeleton through interactions with integrin, PINCH (which links ILK to the RTKs via Nck2), CH-ILKBP and affixin (1). ILK phosphorylates Akt at Ser473, GSK-3 on Ser9, myosin light chain 2 (MLC2) on Ser18/Thr19, as well as affixin (2-5). These phosphorylation events are key regulatory steps in modulating the activities of the targets. ILK activity is stimulated by PI3 kinase and negatively regulated by the tumor suppressor PTEN and a PP2C protein phosphatase, ILKAP (1,3,6). It has been suggested that the conserved Ser343 residue in the activation loop plays a key role in the activation of ILK1 (2).
- Wu, C. and Dedhar, S. (2000) J. Biol. Chem. 155, 505-510.
- Persad, S. et al. (2001) J. Biol. Chem. 276, 27462-27469.
- Persad, S. et al. (2000) J. Cell Biol. 153, 1161-1173.
- Deng, J.T. et al. (2001) J. Biol. Chem. 276, 16365-16373.
- Yamaji, S. et al. (2001) J. Cell Biol. 153, 1251-1264.
- Morimoto, A.M. et al. (2000) Oncogene 19, 200-209.
- Eke, I. et al. (2010) J Clin Invest 120, 2516-27. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Siemens, N. et al. (2011) J Biol Chem 286, 21612-22. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Sawitzky, M. et al. (2012) PLoS One 7, e39711. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3862 ILK1 Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
This antibody is developed, validated, and produced by CST using in part technology under license (granting certain rights including those under U.S. Patents No. 5,675,063 and 7,429,487) from Epitomics, Inc.