Product Pathways - Adhesion
ILK1 Antibody #3862
|W IHC-P||H M R Mk B||Endogenous||51||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey B=Bovine
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
ILK1 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total ILK1 protein. The antibody may cross-react with ILK2.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the carboxy-terminus of human ILK1. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from HeLa, NIH/3T3, COS, PC12 and C6 cells, using ILK1 Antibody.
Western blot analysis of extracts from HeLa cells transfected with 50 nM non-targeted siRNA (-) or 100 nM ILK1 siRNA (+), using ILK1 Antibody #3862 and Cofilin Antibody #3312. The ILK1 Antibody confirms silencing of ILK1 expression, and the Cofilin Antibody controls for protein loading and ILK1 siRNA specificity.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma, showing cytoplasmic localization, using ILK1 Antibody.
Integrin-linked kinases (ILKs) couple integrins and growth factors to downstream pathways involved in cell survival, cell cycle control, cell-cell adhesion and cell motility (1). ILK functions as a scaffold bridging the extracellular matrix (ECM) and growth factor receptors to the actin cytoskeleton through interactions with integrin, PINCH (which links ILK to the RTKs via Nck2), CH-ILKBP and affixin (1). ILK phosphorylates Akt at Ser473, GSK-3 on Ser9, myosin light chain 2 (MLC2) on Ser18/Thr19, as well as affixin (2-5). These phosphorylation events are key regulatory steps in modulating the activities of the targets. ILK activity is stimulated by PI3 kinase and negatively regulated by the tumor suppressor PTEN and a PP2C protein phosphatase, ILKAP (1,3,6). It has been suggested that the conserved Ser343 residue in the activation loop plays a key role in the activation of ILK1 (2).
- Wu, C. and Dedhar, S. (2000) J. Biol. Chem. 155, 505-510.
- Persad, S. et al. (2001) J. Biol. Chem. 276, 27462-27469.
- Persad, S. et al. (2000) J. Cell Biol. 153, 1161-1173.
- Deng, J.T. et al. (2001) J. Biol. Chem. 276, 16365-16373.
- Yamaji, S. et al. (2001) J. Cell Biol. 153, 1251-1264.
- Morimoto, A.M. et al. (2000) Oncogene 19, 200-209.
- Ho, B. et al. (2008) Am J Pathol 173, 278-88. Applications: IHC-P (paraffin) Western Blotting
- Troussard, A.A. et al. (2006) Cancer Res 66, 393-403. Applications: Western Blotting
- Siemens, N. et al. (2011) J Biol Chem 286, 21612-22. Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9271 Phospho-Akt (Ser473) Antibody
- 9272 Akt Antibody
- 9336 Phospho-GSK-3β (Ser9) Antibody
- 3671 Phospho-Myosin Light Chain 2 (Ser19) Antibody
- 3674 Phospho-Myosin Light Chain 2 (Thr18/Ser19) Antibody
- 9551 Phospho-PTEN (Ser380) Antibody
- 9552 PTEN Antibody
- 9554 Phospho-PTEN (Ser380/Thr382/383) Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 3856 ILK1 (4G9) Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.