Product Pathways - Development
MOB1 Antibody #3863
|3863S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3863||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat||Endogenous||25||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
MOB1 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total MOB1 protein (MOB1α and MOB1β).
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Pro15 of human MOB1. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
MOB1 was first identified in yeast as a protein that binds to Mps with essential roles in the completion of mitosis and the maintenance of ploidy (1). Its Drosophila and mammalian homologs, Mats and MOB1, respectively, are involved in the Hippo signaling tumor suppressor pathway, which plays a critical role in organ size regulation and has been implicated in cancer development (2-5). There are two MOB1 proteins in humans, MOB1α and MOB1β, that are encoded by two different genes but have 96.3% identity (6). Both forms bind to members of the nuclear Dbf2-related (NDR) kinases, such as LATS1 and 2 and NDR1 and 2, thereby stimulating kinase activity (7-9). This binding is promoted by the phosphorylation of MOB1 at several threonine residues by MST1 and/or MST2 (5,10).
- Luca, F.C. and Winey, M. (1998) Mol Biol Cell 9, 29-46.
- Edgar, B.A. (2006) Cell 124, 267-73.
- Saucedo, L.J. and Edgar, B.A. (2007) Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol 8, 613-21.
- Harvey, K. and Tapon, N. (2007) Nat Rev Cancer 7, 182-91.
- Zeng, Q. and Hong, W. (2008) Cancer Cell 13, 188-92.
- Praskova, M. et al. (2008) Curr Biol 18, 311-21.
- Devroe, E. et al. (2004) J Biol Chem 279, 24444-51.
- Hergovich, A. et al. (2005) Mol Cell Biol 25, 8259-72.
- Hergovich, A. et al. (2006) Biochem Biophys Res Commun 345, 50-8.
- Hirabayashi, S. et al. (2008) Oncogene 27, 4281-92.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9153 LATS1 Antibody
- 9157 Phospho-LATS1 (Ser909) Antibody
- 4912 YAP Antibody
- 4911 Phospho-YAP (Ser127) Antibody
- 3682 Mst1 Antibody
- 3681 Phospho-Mst1 (Thr183)/Mst2 (Thr180) Antibody
- 3952 Mst2 Antibody
- 3723 Mst3 Antibody
- 4062 Mst3b Antibody
- 3822 Mst4 Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.