Product Pathways - Tyrosine Kinase / Adaptors
Phospho-FRS2-α (Tyr196) Antibody #3864
|W||H M (R)||Endogenous||85||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-FRS2-α (Tyr196) Antibody detects endogenous levels of FRS2-α only when phosphorylated at tyrosine 196. The antibody may also detect a non-specific band at 65kDa.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Tyr196 of human FRS2-α. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Fibroblast growth factor receptor substrate 2 (FRS2, also called Suc-associated neurotrophic factor-induced tyrosine-phosphorylated target or SNT) participates in the transmission of extracellular signals from the fibroblast growth factor receptor (FGFR). Activation of the FGFR leads to tyrosine phosphorylation of FRS2 (1). Two FRS2 family members have been identified, FRS2-alpha (SNT1) and FRS2-beta (SNT2) (2), which are phosphorylated by these RTKs. Once they are phosphorylated, they recruit SH2 domain-containing proteins including Grb2 and SHP-2 (3,4), mediating downstream signaling. Tyr436 is required for efficient SHP-2 recruitment (5), whereas Tyr196 functions as a docking site for Grb2-Sos complexes (6).
- Kouhara, H. et al. (1997) Cell 89, 693-702.
- Ong, S. H. et al. (2000) Mol. Cell. Biol. 20, 979-989.
- Kontaridis, M. I. et al. (2002) Mol. Cell. Biol. 22, 3875-3891.
- Xu, H. and Goldfarb, M. (2001) J. Biol. Chem. 276, 13049-13056.
- Hadari, Y. R. et al. (1998) Mol. Cell. Biol. 18, 3966-3973.
- Kouhara, M. et al. (1997) Cell 89, 693-702.
- Hisaoka, K. et al. (2011) J Biol Chem 286, 21118-28. Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3861 Phospho-FRS2-α (Tyr436) Antibody
- 3472 FGF Receptor 1 Antibody
- 3471 Phospho-FGF Receptor (Tyr653/654) Antibody
- 3476 Phospho-FGF Receptor (Tyr653/654) (55H2) Mouse mAb
- 2544 Phospho-FGF Receptor 1 (Tyr766) (1E5) Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.