Product Pathways - Development
Snail (C15D3) Rabbit mAb #3879
|W IP||H M R Mk||Endogenous||29||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Snail (C15D3) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total Snail protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a recombinant human Snail protein.
Snail is a zinc-finger transcription factor that can repress E-cadherin transcription. Downregulation of E-cadherin is associated with epithelial-mesenchymal transition during embryonic development, a process also exploited by invasive cancer cells (1-3). Indeed, loss of E-cadherin expression is correlated with the invasive properties of some tumors and there is a considerable inverse correlation between Snail and E-cadherin mRNA levels in epithelial tumor cell lines (4,5). In addition, Snail blocks the cell cycle and confers resistance to cell death (6). Phosphorylation of Snail by GSK-3 and PAK1 regulates its stability, cellular localization and function (7-10).
- Barrallo-Gimeno, A. and Nieto, M.A. (2005) Development 132, 3151-3161.
- Cano, A. et al. (2000) Nat. Cell Biol. 2, 76-83.
- Batlle, E. et al. (2000) Nat. Cell Biol. 2, 84-89.
- Yokoyama, K. et al. (2003) Int. J. Oncol. 22, 891-898.
- Yokoyama, K. et al. (2001) Oral Oncol. 37, 65-71.
- Vega, S. et al. (2004) Genes Dev. 18, 1131-1143.
- Zhou, B.P. et al. (2004) Nat. Cell Biol. 6, 931-940.
- Bachelder, R.E. et al. (2005) J. Cell Biol. 168, 29-33.
- Yook, J.I. et al. (2005) J. Biol. Chem. 280, 11740-11748.
- Yang, Z. et al. (2005) Cancer Res. 65, 3179-3184.
- Ono, H. et al. (2012) Oncogene , . Applications: Western Blotting
- Tauler, J. et al. (2010) Cancer Res 70, 7137-47. Applications: Western Blotting
- Joost, S. et al. (2012) Cancer Res 72, 88-99. Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 9585 Slug (C19G7) Rabbit mAb
- 4719 Snail (SN9H2) Rat mAb
- 9589 Slug (L40C6) Mouse mAb
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.