Product Pathways - Tyrosine Kinase / Adaptors
Phospho-Gab2 (Ser159) Antibody #3884
|W||H M R||Endogenous||98||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-Gab2 (Ser159) Antibody detects endogenous levels of Gab2 only when phosphorylated at serine 159. This antibody does not cross-react with Gab1 or Gab3.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser159 of human Gab2. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
The Grb-associated binder (Gab) family is a family of adaptor proteins recruited by a wide variety of receptor tyrosine kinases (RTKs) such as EGFR, HGFR, insulin receptor, cytokine receptor and B cell antigen receptors. Upon stimulation of RTKs by their cognate ligand, Gab is recruited to the plasma membrane where it is phosphorylated and functions as a scaffold (1-4). Multiple tyrosine phosphorylation sites of Gab1 protein have been identified (5). Phosphorylation of Tyr472 regulates its binding to p85 PI3 kinase (6,7). Phosphorylation of Gab1 at Tyr307, Tyr373 and Tyr407 modulates its association to PLCγ (8). Phosphorylation of Tyr627 and Tyr659 is required for Gab1 binding to and activation of the protein tyrosine phosphatase SHP2 (6,9).
Akt phosphorylates Gab2 at Ser159. This phosphorylation inhibits Gab2 tyrosine phosphorylation and downstream signal amplification (10).
- Holgado-Madruga, M. et al. (1996) Nature 379, 560-564.
- Weidner, K.M. et al. (1996) Nature 384, 173-176.
- Takahashi-Tezuka, M. et al. (1998) Mol. Cell. Biol. 18, 4109-4117.
- Ingham, R.J. et al. (2001) J Biol Chem 276, 12257-65.
- Lehr, S. et al. (1999) Biochemistry 38, 151-159.
- Rocchi, S. et al. (1998) Mol. Endocrinol. 12, 914-923.
- Yu, C.F. et al. (2001) J Biol Chem 276, 32552-8.
- Gual, P. et al. (2000) Oncogene 19, 1509-18.
- Cunnick, J.M. et al. (2001) J Biol Chem 276, 24380-7.
- Lynch, D.K. and Daly, R.J. (2002) EMBO J 21, 72-82.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3239 Gab2 (26B6) Rabbit mAb
- 3882 Phospho-Gab2 (Tyr452) (C33G1) Rabbit mAb
- 3881 Phospho-Gab2 (Tyr452) Antibody
- 3232 Gab1 Antibody
- 3231 Phospho-Gab1 (Tyr627) Antibody
- 3234 Phospho-Gab1 (Tyr307) Antibody
- 9271 Phospho-Akt (Ser473) Antibody
- 4051 Phospho-Akt (Ser473) (587F11) Mouse mAb
- 4058 Phospho-Akt (Ser473) (193H12) Rabbit mAb
- 9272 Akt Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 3233 Phospho-Gab1 (Tyr627) (C32H2) Rabbit mAb
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.