Product Pathways - Metabolism
Glycogen Synthase Antibody #3893
|W IP F||H M R||Endogenous||84 kDa||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Glycogen Synthase Antibody detects endogenous levels of total muscle glycogen synthase protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the sequence of human glycogen synthase. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from NIH/3T3, C6 and 293 cells, using Glycogen Synthase Antibody.
Glycogen synthase (GS) is a key enzyme in the regulation of glycogen synthesis. There are two main isoforms of mammalian GS: the muscle and the liver isoform (1-2). Muscle GS is expressed in several tissues, and liver GS appears to be tissue specific (3). GS is regulated by multi-site phosphorylation and by the binding of allosteric ligands. Phosphorylation leads to inactivation of GS, but activity is restored by the binding of the allosteric activator glucose-6-phosphate, which induces its dephosphorylation and activation (4).
- Browner, M.F. et al. (1989) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 86, 1443-1447.
- Bai, G. et al. (1990) J. Biol. Chem. 265, 7843-7848.
- Roach, P.J. et al. (1998) J. Basic Clin. Physiol. Pharmacol. 9, 139-151.
- Villar-Palasi, C. and Guinovart, J.J. (1997) FASEB J. 11, 544-558.
- Fuchs, G. et al. (2011) J Mol Biol 410, 118-30. Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3886 Glycogen Synthase (15B1) Rabbit mAb
- 3891 Phospho-Glycogen Synthase (Ser641) Antibody
- 9338 GSK-3α Antibody
- 5090 Phospho-GSK-3α (Ser21) (27E5) Mouse mAb
- 9337 Phospho-GSK-3α (Ser21) (46H12) Mouse mAb
- 9331 Phospho-GSK-3α/β (Ser21/9) Antibody
- 9336 Phospho-GSK-3β (Ser9) Antibody
- 6301 SignalSilence® GSK-3α/β siRNA
- 6312 SignalSilence® GSK-3α siRNA I
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.