Product Pathways - Chromatin Regulation / Epigenetics
MBD3 Antibody #3896
|3896S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3896||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||28, 32, 34||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
MBD3 Antibody detects endogenous levels of all three isoforms of the MBD3 protein (MBD3A, MBD3B, MBD3C). This antibody does not cross react with MBD2.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the human MBD3 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Methyl-CpG-binding protein 2 (MeCP2) is the founding member of a family of methyl-CpG-binding domain (MBD) proteins that also includes MBD1, MBD2, MBD3, MBD4, MBD5 and MBD6 (1-3). Apart from MBD3, these proteins bind methylated cytosine residues in the context of the di-nucleotide 5´-CG-3´ to establish and maintain regions of transcriptionally inactive chromatin by recruiting a variety of co-repressor proteins (2). MeCP2 recruits histone deacetylases HDAC1 and HDAC2, and the DNA methyltransferase DNMT1 (4-6). MBD1 couples transcriptional silencing to DNA replication and interacts with the histone methyltransferases ESET and SUV39H1 (7,8). MBD2 and MBD3 co-purify as part of the NuRD (nucleosome remodeling and histone de-acetylation) co-repressor complex, which contains the chromatin remodeling ATPase Mi-2, HDAC1 and HDAC2 (9,10). MBD5 and MBD6 have recently been identified and little is known regarding their protein interactions. MBD proteins are associated with cancer and other diseases; MBD4 is best characterized for its role in DNA repair and MBD2 has been linked to intestinal cancer (11,12). Mutations in the MeCP2 gene cause the neurologic developmental disorder Rett Syndrome (13). MeCP2 protein levels are high in neurons, where it plays a critical role in multiple synaptic processes (14). In response to various physiological stimuli, MeCP2 is phosphorylated on Ser421 and regulates the expression of genes controlling dendritic patterning and spine morphogenesis (14). Disruption of this process in individuals with altered MeCP2 may cause the pathological changes seen in Rett Syndrome.
- Clouaire, T. and Stancheva, I. (2008) Cell Mol Life Sci 65, 1509-22.
- Hendrich, B. and Bird, A. (1998) Mol Cell Biol 18, 6538-47.
- Roloff, T.C. et al. (2003) BMC Genomics 4, 1.
- Nan, X. et al. (1998) Nature 393, 386-9.
- Jones, P.L. et al. (1998) Nat Genet 19, 187-91.
- Fuks, F. et al. (2003) J Biol Chem 278, 4035-40.
- Sarraf, S.A. and Stancheva, I. (2004) Mol Cell 15, 595-605.
- Fujita, N. et al. (2003) J Biol Chem 278, 24132-8.
- Zhang, Y. et al. (1999) Genes Dev 13, 1924-35.
- Wade, P.A. et al. (1999) Nat Genet 23, 62-6.
- Hendrich, B. et al. (1999) Nature 401, 301-4.
- Sansom, O.J. et al. (2003) Nat Genet 34, 145-7.
- Miltenberger-Miltenyi, G. and Laccone, F. (2003) Hum Mutat 22, 107-15.
- Zhou, Z. et al. (2006) Neuron 52, 255-69.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3598 DNMT3A (D23G1) Rabbit mAb
- 2062 Histone Deacetylase 1 (HDAC1) Antibody
- 2540 HDAC2 Antibody
- 2545 HDAC2 Antibody (IP Preferred)
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.