Product Pathways - Neuroscience
Human Brain-Derived Neurotrophic Factor (BDNF) #3897
|3897S||10 µg||---||In Stock||---|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|27 kDa||E. coli||> 96%|
Recombinant human BDNF was expressed in E. coli and is supplied in a lyophilized form. A greater than 96% purity was determined by reverse phase-HPLC and SDS-PAGE.
Concentration and Specific Activity
10 μg, lyophilized
Directions For Use
Working concentration of BDNF generally ranges from 50-100 ng/ml.
Neurotrophins are comprised of at least four family members including NGF, BDNF, NT-3 and NT-4 and all are known to influence growth, development, differentiation and survival of neurons (1). Proneurotrophis bind to p75NTR but not to the family of Trk receptor tyrosine kinases (Trk) and following maturation, BDNF binds and activates TrkB. Trk receptors in turn activate three major signaling pathways: (a) Ras-MAPK signaling, which promotes neuronal differentiation and neurite outgrowth, (b) PI3 Kinase-Akt signaling, which promotes survival and growth of neurons, and (c) PLC-γ1-PKC signaling, which promotes synaptic plasticity (2). BDNF is a major regulator of transmission and plasticity at adult synapses. Moreover, the precursor proBDNF and the mature protein mBDNF drive opposite effects on long-term potentiation and long-term depression (3). BDNF has also been implicated in body weight regulation and activity: heterozygous BDNF knockout mice are hyperphagic, obese, and hyperactive (4).
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2046 NGF Antibody
- 4619 Phospho-TrkA (Tyr490)/TrkB (Tyr516) (C35G9) Rabbit mAb
- 4621 Phospho-TrkA (Tyr674/675)/TrkB (Tyr706/707) (C50F3) Rabbit mAb
- 4603 TrkB (80E3) Rabbit mAb
- 4607 TrkB (80G2) Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.