Product Pathways - Translational Control
PARN (P620) Antibody #3899
|W||H (B) (Dg)||Endogenous||78||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human B=Bovine Dg=Dog
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
PARN (P620) Antibody detects endogenous levels of total PARN protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to amino acid sequences surrounding Pro620 of human PARN. Antibodies are purified by Protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Cellular levels of mRNAs are controlled by mRNA stability, the rate of synthesis and the rate of degradation. The presence and length of the poly(A) tail has been associated with mRNA stability (1). Exonucleolytic shortening of the poly(A) tail is the process that initiates the decay of many eukaryotic mRNAs (2). Poly(A)-specific ribonuclease (PARN) is the enzyme responsible for initiation of deadenylation and exonucleolytic shortening of mRNA transcripts. Through an evolutionarily conserved mechanism, PARN also translationally silences selective mRNAs during early embryonic development (3). PARN is constitutively expressed in most mammalian tissues and plays a critical role in the post-transcriptional control of gene expression (4).
- Morales, J. et al. (1997) J Biol Chem 272, 6607-13.
- Wilson, T. and Treisman, R. (1988) Nature 336, 396-9.
- Sachs, A.B. et al. (1997) Cell 89, 831-8.
- Fritz, D.T. et al. (2004) Cell Biochem Biophys 41, 265-78.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3894 PARN (A42) Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.