Product Pathways - Ca / cAMP / Lipid Signaling
Gα(z) Antibody #3904
|W||H M R||Endogenous||40||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Gα(z) Antibody detects endogenous levels of total Gα(z) protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to human Gα(z). Antibodies are purified using protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Heterotrimeric guanine nucleotide-binding proteins (G proteins) consist of α, β and γ subunits and mediate the effects of hormones, neurotransmitters, chemokines and sensory stimuli. To date, over 20 known Gα subunits have been classified into four families, Gα(s), Gα(i/o), Gα(q) and Gα(12), based on structural and functional similarities (1,2). Phosphorylation of Tyr356 of Gα(q)/Gα(11) is essential for activation of the G protein, since phenylalanine substitution for Tyr356 changes the interaction of Gα with receptors and abolishes ligand-induced IP3 formation (3).
Gα(z) stands out from other G proteins because it lacks an ADP-ribosylation consensus site for pertussis toxin, giving it a possible role in signal transduction pathways resistant to the toxin, such as phospholipase C (4). Gα(z) is phosphorylated and activated by protein kinase C (PKC) at Ser27 (5,6).
- Offermanns, S. (2001) Oncogene 20, 1635-42.
- Pierce, K.L. et al. (2002) Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol 3, 639-50.
- Umemori, H. et al. (1997) Science 276, 1878-81.
- Fong, H.K. et al. (1988) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 85, 3066-70.
- Fields, T.A. and Casey, P.J. (1995) J Biol Chem 270, 23119-25.
- Ho, M.K. et al. Biol Signals Recept 9, 21-8.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3992 Gα (pan) Antibody
- 2416 Phospho-β-Arrestin 1 (Ser412) (6-24) Mouse mAb
- 3857 β-Arrestin 2 (C16D9) Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7075 Anti-biotin, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.