Product Pathways - Tyrosine Kinase / Adaptors
p62Dok Antibody #3912
|W||H (M)||Transfected Only||62||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
p62Dok Antibody detects transfected levels of p62Dok proteins. The antibody does not cross-react with related proteins.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Tyr398 of human p62Dok. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
p62Dok (Dok-1) is a major tyrosine-phosphorylated, GAP-associated, 60 kDa protein present within the cells transformed by different tyrosine kinases (1). p62Dok contains an amino-terminal pleckstrin homology domain potentially involved in phospholipid interaction and membrane targeting, a central putative phospho-tyrosine binding domain for interacting with tyrosine-phosphorylated proteins. There are numerous tyrosines in its carboxy-terminal region that are potential targets for tyrosine kinases. If phosphorylated, these tyrosines could serve as docking sites for proteins that contain an SH2 domain (2). Overexpression of p62Dok has been shown to inhibit Ras activity in human embryonic kidney 293 cells and B cell antigen receptor-mediated c-Fos promoter activation in an immature B cell line (3), suggesting that p62Dok may play a negative role in Ras signaling. Moreover, p62Dok overexpression may also inhibit insulin-stimulated Akt activation (4).
- Yamanashi, Y. and Baltimore, D. (1997) Cell 88, 205-211.
- Grimm, J. et al. (2001) J. Cell Biol. 154, 345-354.
- Yoshida, K. et al. (2000) J. Biol. Chem. 275, 24945-24952.
- Wick, M. J. et al. (2001) J. Biol. Chem. 276, 42843-42850.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3911 Phospho-p56Dok-2 (Tyr351) Antibody
- 3914 p56Dok-2 Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.