Product Pathways - Metabolism
Phospho-IGF-I Receptor β (Tyr1135) (DA7A8) Rabbit mAb #3918
|W||H M R||Endogenous||95||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-IGF-I Receptor β (Tyr1135) (DA7A8) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of IGF-I receptor only when phosphorylated at Tyr1135. This antibody cross-reacts with Tyr1150 of insulin receptor and may also cross-react with other overexpressed related tyrosine-phosphorylated tyrosine kinases.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Tyr1135 of human IGF-I receptor β.
Type I insulin-like growth factor receptor (IGF-IR) is a transmembrane receptor tyrosine kinase that is widely expressed in many cell lines and cell types within fetal and postnatal tissues (1-3). Receptor autophosphorylation follows binding of the IGF-I and IGF-II ligands. Three tyrosine residues within the kinase domain (Tyr1131, Tyr1135, and Tyr1136) are the earliest major autophosphorylation sites (4). Phosphorylation of these three tyrosine residues is necessary for kinase activation (5,6). Insulin receptors (IRs) share significant structural and functional similarity with IGF-I receptors, including the presence of an equivalent tyrosine cluster (Tyr1146/1150/1151) within the kinase domain activation loop. Tyrosine autophosphorylation of IRs is one of the earliest cellular responses to insulin stimulation (7). Autophosphorylation begins with phosphorylation at Tyr1146 and either Tyr1150 or Tyr1151, while full kinase activation requires triple tyrosine phosphorylation (8).
- Adams, T.E. et al. (2000) Cell. Mol. Life Sci. 57, 1050-1093.
- Baserga, R. et al. (2000) Oncogene 19, 5574-5581.
- Scheidegger, K.J. et al. (2000) J. Biol. Chem. 275, 38921-38928.
- Hernandez-Sanchez, C. et al. (1995) J. Biol. Chem. 270, 29176-29181.
- Lopaczynski, W. et al. (2000) Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 279, 955-960.
- Baserga, R. et al. (1999) Exp. Cell Res. 253, 1-6.
- White, M.F. et al. (1985) J. Biol. Chem. 260, 9470-9478.
- White, M.F. et al. (1988) J. Biol. Chem. 263, 2969-2980.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3021 Phospho-IGF-I Receptor β (Tyr1131)/Insulin Receptor β (Tyr1146) Antibody
- 3027 IGF-I Receptor β Antibody
- 3024 Phospho-IGF-I Receptor β (Tyr1135/1136)/Insulin Receptor β (Tyr1150/1151) (19H7) Rabbit mAb
- 4568 Phospho-IGF-I Receptor β (Tyr980) (C14A11) Rabbit mAb
- 3018 IGF-I Receptor β (111A9) Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.