Product Pathways - Neuroscience
Phospho-PSD95 (Tyr236/Tyr240) Antibody #3919
|W||R (H) (M)||Endogenous||95||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-PSD95 (Tyr236/Tyr240) Antibody detects endogenous levels of PSD95 protein only when phosphorylated at Tyr236 or Tyr240.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Tyr236 and Tyr240 of human PSD95. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Postsynaptic Density protein 95 (PSD95) is a member of the membrane-associated guanylate kinase (MAGUK) family of proteins. These family members consist of an amino-terminal variable segment followed by three PDZ domains, a SH3 domain and an inactive guanylate kinase (GK) domain. PSD95 is a scaffolding protein involved in the assembly and function of the postsynaptic density complex (1-2). PSD95 participates in synaptic targeting of AMPA receptors through an indirect manner involving Stargazin and related transmembrane AMPA receptor regulatory proteins (TARPs) (3). It is implicated in experience dependent plasticity and plays an indispensable role in learning (4). Mutations in PSD95 are associated with autism (5).
Phospho-PSD95 (Tyr236/Tyr240) Antibody is directed against previously unpublished PSD95 tyrosine phosphorylation sites at Tyr236 and Tyr240 that were identified at Cell Signaling Technology (CST) using PhosphoScan®, CST's MS/MS platform for phosphorylation site discovery. Phosphorylation of PSD95 at Tyr236 and Tyr240 was observed in extracts isolated from ischemic rat brain. The sites were independently found in a large-scale identification of tyrosine phosphorylation sites from murine brain (6).
- Cao, J. et al. (2005) J. Cell Biol 168, 117-26.
- Chetkovich, D.M. et al. (2002) J. Neurosci. 22, 6415-25.
- Cai, C. et al. (2006) J. Biol. Chem. 281, 4267-73.
- Yao, W.D. et al. (2004) Neuron 41, 625-38.
- Cline, H. (2005) Curr. Biol. 15, R203-5.
- Ballif, B.A. et al. (2008) J. Proteome Res. 7, 311-8.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3450 PSD95 (D27E11) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7075 Anti-biotin, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.