Product Pathways - Neuroscience
Phospho-AMPA Receptor (GluR 2) (Tyr869/Tyr873/Tyr876) Antibody #3921
|W||R (H) (M)||Endogenous||100||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-AMPA Receptor (GluR 2) (Tyr869/Tyr873/Tyr876) Antibody detects endogenous levels of GluR 2 only when phosphorylated at Tyr869, Tyr873 or Tyr876. It may also detect GluR 3 when phosphorylated at the conserved Tyr880, Tyr884 or Tyr887. These residues are not conserved in GluR 1 or GluR 4.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Tyr869, Tyr873 and Tyr876 of human GluR 2. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from rat brain, either 15 min ischemia followed by 4 h reperfusion or 15 min ischemia only, using Phospho-AMPA Receptor (GluR 2) (Ty869/Tyr873/Tyr876) Antibody (upper) or AMPA Receptor (GluR 2/3/4) Antibody #2460 (lower).
AMPA- (α-amino-3-hydroxy-5-methyl-4-isoxazolepropionic acid), kainite-, and NMDA- (N-methyl-D-aspartate) receptors are the three main families of ionotropic glutamate-gated ion channels. AMPA receptors (AMPARs) are comprised of four subunits (GluR 1-4), which assemble as homo- or hetero-tetramers to mediate the majority of fast excitatory transmissions in the CNS. AMPARs are implicated in synapse formation, stabilization, and plasticity (1). AMPARs that lack GluR 2 are permeable to calcium, in contrast to GluR 2-containing AMPARs (2). Post-transcriptional modifications (alternative splicing, nuclear RNA editing) and post-translational modifications (glycosylation, phosphorylation) result in a very large number of permutations, fine-tuning the kinetic properties of AMPARs. Research studies have implicated activity changes in AMPARs in a variety of diseases including Alzheimer’s, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), stroke, and epilepsy (1).
Src family tyrosine kinases phosphorylate the GluR 2 subunit of AMPA receptors at Tyr876, which increases the interaction with GRIP1/2 but not PICK1. In addition, Tyr876 is important for AMPA- and NMDA-induced GluR 2 internalization (3).The phosphorylation sites at Tyr869, Tyr873 and Tyr876 were identified at Cell Signaling Technology (CST) using PhosphoScan®, CST's MS/MS platform for phosphorylation site discovery. Phosphorylation of GluR2 at Tyr869, Tyr873 and Tyr876 was observed in extracts isolated from ischemic rat brain. These sites were independently found in a large-scale identification of tyrosine phosphorylation sites from murine brain (4).
- Palmer, C.L. et al. (2005) Pharmacol Rev 57, 253-77.
- Cull-Candy, S. et al. (2006) Curr Opin Neurobiol 16, 288-97.
- Hayashi, T. and Huganir, R.L. (2004) J. Neurosci. 24, 6152-6160.
- Ballif, B.A. et al. (2008) J. Proteome Res. 7, 311-318.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4027 Phospho-AMPA Receptor (GluR 2) (Tyr876) Antibody
- 2460 AMPA Receptor (GluR 2/3/4) Antibody
- 3450 PSD95 (D27E11) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 3381 Phospho-NMDAR1 (Ser890) Antibody
- 4231 nNOS (C7D7) Rabbit mAb
- 4236 nNOS (C12H1) Rabbit mAb
- 3356 Phospho-CaMKII (Tyr231) Antibody
- 4206 Phospho-NMDAR2A (Tyr1246) Antibody
- 4781 Phospho-PKA C (Thr197) Antibody
- 4782 PKA C-α Antibody
- 9921 Phospho-PKC Antibody Sampler Kit
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7075 Anti-biotin, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.