Product Pathways - Metabolism
IGFBP-2 Antibody #3922
|W IP IHC-P||H||Endogenous||35||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
IGFBP-2 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total IGFBP-2 protein. It does not cross-react with other IGFBP family members.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the residues at the carboxy-terminal sequence of human IGFBP-2. The antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of human serum and extracts from various cell lines, using IGFBP-2 Antibody.
Insulin-like growth factor-binding proteins (IGFBPs) play an integral role in modifying insulin-like growth factor (IGF) actions in a wide variety of cell types. This family contains six members that are structurally related but encoded by distinct genes. IGFBPs have a high affinity for IGFs. Some members of the IGFBP family have been consistently shown to inhibit IGF actions by preventing them from gaining access to the IGF receptors, while others potentiate IGF actions by facilitating the ligand-receptor interaction (1-3). IGFBP-2 is the second most abundant IGFBP in the circulation and is present in various other biological fluids and tissues of many vertebrate species. Serum IGFBP-2 levels are elevated in conditions such as shock, fasting, hypoxemia or after traumata, suggesting complex regulation of IGFBP-2 expression (4). IGFBP-2 is overexpressed in many malignancies and is often correlated with an increasingly malignant status of the tumor, pointing to a potential involvement of IGFBP-2 in tumorigenesis (5).
- Duan, C. (2002) J. Endocrinol. 175, 41-54.
- Sandhu, M. S. et al. (2002) J. Natl. Cancer Inst. 94, 972-980.
- Baxter, R.C. (2001) Best Pract. Res. Clin. Endocrinol. Metab. 15, 421-434.
- Noel, M. et al. (2001) Curr. Opin. Clin. Nutr. Metab. Care 4, 399-405.
- Zumkeller, W. (2001) Mol. Pathol. 54, 285-288.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3018 IGF-I Receptor β (111A9) Rabbit mAb
- 3024 Phospho-IGF-I Receptor β (Tyr1135/1136)/Insulin Receptor β (Tyr1150/1151) (19H7) Rabbit mAb
- 3021 Phospho-IGF-I Receptor β (Tyr1131)/Insulin Receptor β (Tyr1146) Antibody
- 3027 IGF-I Receptor β Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 4568 Phospho-IGF-I Receptor β (Tyr980) (C14A11) Rabbit mAb
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.