Product Pathways - Metabolism
IGFBP2 Antibody #3922
|3922S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3922||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin)
Specificity / Sensitivity
IGFBP2 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total IGFBP2 protein. It does not cross-react with other IGFBP family members.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the residues at the carboxy-terminal sequence of human IGFBP2. The antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from T-47D and PC-3 cells and human serum using IGFBP2 Antibody.
Insulin-like growth factor-binding proteins (IGFBPs) play an integral role in modifying insulin-like growth factor (IGF) actions in a wide variety of cell types. This family contains six members that are structurally related but encoded by distinct genes. IGFBPs have a high affinity for IGFs. Some members of the IGFBP family have been consistently shown to inhibit IGF actions by preventing them from gaining access to the IGF receptors, while others potentiate IGF actions by facilitating the ligand-receptor interaction (1-3). IGFBP2 is the second most abundant IGFBP in the circulation and is present in various other biological fluids and tissues of many vertebrate species. Serum IGFBP2 levels are elevated in conditions such as shock, fasting, hypoxemia or after traumata, suggesting complex regulation of IGFBP2 expression (4). IGFBP2 is overexpressed in many malignancies and is often correlated with an increasingly malignant status of the tumor, pointing to a potential involvement of IGFBP2 in tumorigenesis (5).
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3018 IGF-I Receptor β (111A9) Rabbit mAb
- 3024 Phospho-IGF-I Receptor β (Tyr1135/1136)/Insulin Receptor β (Tyr1150/1151) (19H7) Rabbit mAb
- 3021 Phospho-IGF-I Receptor β (Tyr1131)/Insulin Receptor β (Tyr1146) Antibody
- 3027 IGF-I Receptor β Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 4568 Phospho-IGF-I Receptor β (Tyr980) (C14A11) Rabbit mAb
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Tween® is a registered trademark of ICI Americas, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.