Product Pathways - Lymphocyte Signaling
p67phox Antibody #3923
|W||H M R||Endogenous||67||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
p67phox Antibody detects endogenous levels of total p67phox protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ala25 of human p67phox. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
The phagocytic NADPH oxidase is a multiprotein enzyme that catalyzes the reduction of oxygen to superoxide in response to pathogenic invasion. The NADPH oxidase consists of 6 subunits, including the membrane-bound p91 phox and p22 phox heterodimers (also known as cytochrome b558), the cytosolic complex of p40phox, p47phox and p67phox, and the small GTPase Rac2. Activation of NADPH oxidase is initiated by cytosolic complex phosphorylation, which induces a conformational change that leads to the translocation of the cytosolic complex to the membrane and formation of an active enzyme with cytochrome b558 (1). Defects in p47phox, often resulting from recombination between p47phox and a nearby homologous pseudogene, cause chronic granulomatous disease (2-4). Elevated oxidative stress due to increased myocardial NADPH oxidase activity may be a contributing factor in heart failure (5,6).
p67phox appears to coordinate assembly of NAPDH oxidase as it associates with multiple subunits as well as the α subunit of heterotrimeric G proteins (7). Mutations in the corresponding p67phox gene are also associated with a form of autosomal recessive chronic granulomatous disease (8).
- Babior, B.M. (1999) Blood 93, 1464-76.
- Noack, D. et al. (2001) Blood 97, 305-11.
- Görlach, A. et al. (1997) J Clin Invest 100, 1907-18.
- Chanock, S.J. et al. (2000) Blood Cells Mol Dis 26, 37-46.
- Heymes, C. et al. (2003) J Am Coll Cardiol 41, 2164-71.
- Doerries, C. et al. (2007) Circ Res 100, 894-903.
- Marty, C. et al. (2006) Mol Cell Biol 26, 5190-200.
- Leto, T.L. et al. (1990) Science 248, 727-30.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4301 p47phox (D21F6) Rabbit mAb
- 4311 Phospho-p40phox (Thr154) Antibody
- 4312 p47phox Antibody
- 9371 Phospho-PKC (pan) (βII Ser660) Antibody
- 9921 Phospho-PKC Antibody Sampler Kit
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7075 Anti-biotin, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.