Product Pathways - Cytoskeletal Signaling
NSF (D31C7) XP® Rabbit mAb #3924
|W IP IF-F||H M R Mk||Endogenous||78||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
NSF (D31C7) XP® Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total NSF protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Leu524 of human NSF protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell types using NSF (D31C7) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Several protein-protein interactions are essential to membrane fusion during endocytosis. Membrane fusion requires interaction among SNARE1 proteins associated with both donor and acceptor membranes (1,2). Following membrane fusion, the α-SNAP cytoplasmic adapter protein binds to the SNARE complex. N-ethylmaleimide-sensitive factor (NSF), a hexameric ATPase, then associates with the α-SNAP/SNARE complex to mediate SNARE disassembly during membrane fusion (3,4). The ATPase activity of NSF induces a conformational change in the α-SNAP/SNARE complex that leads to its dissociation from the membrane, membrane fusion and eventual recycling of the SNARE complex for subsequent membrane fusion (3,4).
- Ungermann, C. and Langosch, D. (2005) J Cell Sci 118, 3819-28.
- Leabu, M. (2006) J Cell Mol Med 10, 423-7.
- May, A.P. et al. (2001) J Biol Chem 276, 21991-4.
- Dalal, S. et al. (2004) Mol Biol Cell 15, 637-48.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 2145 NSF Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.