Product Pathways - Jak/Stat Pathway
Phospho-Stat5 (Tyr694) (C71E5) Rabbit mAb (Alexa Fluor® 488 Conjugate) #3939
|F||H M (R) (Mk) (B)||Endogenous||90||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey B=Bovine
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-Stat5 (Tyr694) (C71E5) Rabbit mAb (Alexa Fluor® 488) detects endogenous levels of Stat5a only when phosphorylated at Tyr694 and Stat5b when phosphorylated at Tyr699.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Tyr694 of Stat5a. The antibody was conjugated to Alexa Fluor® 488 under optimal conditions with an F/P ratio of 2-6.
This Cell Signaling Technology (CST) antibody is conjugated to Alexa Fluor® 488 fluorescent dye and tested in-house for direct flow cytometry in human cells. CST expects that Phospho-Stat5 (Tyr694) (C71E5) Rabbit mAb (Alexa Fluor® 488) will display the same species cross-reactivity as the unconjugated antibody (Phospho-Stat5 (Tyr694) (C71E5) Rabbit mAb #9314).
Stat5 is activated in response to a wide variety of ligands including IL-2, GM-CSF, growth hormone and prolactin. Phosphorylation at Tyr694 is obligatory for Stat5 activation (1,2). This phosphorylation is mediated by Src upon erythropoietin stimulation (3). Stat5 is constitutively active in some leukemic cell types (4). Phosphorylated Stat5 is found in some endothelial cells treated with IL-3, which suggests its involvement in angiogenesis and cell motility (5). Stat5a and Stat5b are independently regulated and activated in various cell types. For instance, interferon treatment predominantly activates Stat5a in U-937 cells and Stat5b in HeLa cells (6).
- Gouilleux, F. et al. (1994) EMBO J. 13, 4361-4369.
- Wakao, H. et al. (1994) EMBO J. 13, 2182-2191.
- Okutani, Y. et al. (2001) Oncogene 20, 6643-6650.
- Demoulin, J.B. et al. (1999) J. Biol. Chem. 274, 25855-25861.
- Dentelli, P. et al. (1999) J. Immunol. 163, 2151-2159.
- Meinke, A. et al. (1996) Mol. Cell. Biol. 16, 6937-6944.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2975 Rabbit (DA1E) mAb IgG XP® Isotype Control (Alexa Fluor® 488 Conjugate)
- 9365 Phospho-Stat5 (Tyr694) (C71E5) Rabbit mAb (Alexa Fluor® 647 Conjugate)
- 9314 Phospho-Stat5 (Tyr694) (C71E5) Rabbit mAb
- 9359 Phospho-Stat5 (Tyr694) (C11C5) Rabbit mAb
- 9351 Phospho-Stat5 (Tyr694) Antibody
- 9358 Stat5 (3H7) Rabbit mAb
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.