Product Pathways - Tyrosine Kinase / Adaptors
GRB2 Antibody #3972
|W||H M R Hm Mk B||Endogenous||25||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Hm=Hamster Mk=Monkey B=Bovine
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
GRB2 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total GRB2 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to carboxy-terminal residues of human GRB2. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Growth factor receptor-binding protein 2 (GRB2) is a adaptor protein that is involved in RTK signal transduction. The SH2 domain of GRB2 binds to tyrosine phosphorylated proteins such as EGFR, IRS-1, Shc and Gab1 (1). The SH3 domain of GRB2 associates with Sos, which stimulates the GTP binding activity of Ras, leading to the activation of the MAP kinase and other signaling pathways. Phosphorylation of tyrosine 209 of GRB2 by Bcr-Abl and EGFR abolishes its association with Sos and negatively regulates downstream signaling (2).
- Pawson, T. and Scott, J.D. (1997) Science 278, 2075-2080.
- Li, S. et al. (2001) EMBO J. 20, 6793-6804.
- Benitez, A.C. et al. (2011) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108, 4081-6. Applications: Western Blotting
- Chaudhuri, A. et al. (2011) J Biol Chem 286, 32762-74. Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3231 Phospho-Gab1 (Tyr627) Antibody
- 3232 Gab1 Antibody
- 3234 Phospho-Gab1 (Tyr307) Antibody
- 3702 GRB10 Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 2232 EGF Receptor Antibody
- 2234 Phospho-EGF Receptor (Tyr1068) Antibody
- 2431 Phospho-Shc (Tyr317) Antibody
- 3881 Phospho-Gab2 (Tyr452) Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.