Product Pathways - Ca / cAMP / Lipid Signaling
Gα(o) Antibody #3975
|W||H M R||Endogenous||40||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Gα(o) Antibody detects endogenous levels of total Gα(o) protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Arg15 of human Gα(o). Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Heterotrimeric guanine nucleotide-binding proteins (G proteins) consist of α, β and γ subunits and mediate the effects of hormones, neurotransmitters, chemokines and sensory stimuli. To date, over 20 known Gα subunits have been classified into four families, Gα(s), Gα(i/o), Gα(q) and Gα(12), based on structural and functional similarities (1,2). Phosphorylation of Tyr356 of Gα(q)/Gα(11) is essential for activation of the G protein, since phenylalanine substitution for Tyr356 changes the interaction of Gα with receptors and abolishes ligand-induced IP3 formation (3).
Gα(o) is the most abundant G protein in the brain and couples to serotonin, dopamine, GABA (B), opioid, glutamate and cholinergic receptors (4). Gα(o) -/- mice have neurological defects such as tremors, seizures and poor motor coordination (5).
- Offermanns, S. (2001) Oncogene 20, 1635-42.
- Pierce, K.L. et al. (2002) Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol 3, 639-50.
- Umemori, H. et al. (1997) Science 276, 1878-81.
- Jiang, M. and Bajpayee, N.S. (2009) Neurosignals 17, 23-41.
- Jiang, M. et al. (1998) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 95, 3269-74.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3981 Gα(o) Antibody (IP Preferred)
- 3904 Gα(z) Antibody
- 3992 Gα (pan) Antibody
- 2416 Phospho-β-Arrestin 1 (Ser412) (6-24) Mouse mAb
- 3857 β-Arrestin 2 (C16D9) Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7075 Anti-biotin, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.