Product Pathways - Development
TACE Antibody #3976
|3976S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3976||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Specificity / Sensitivity
TACE Antibody detects endogenous levels of TACE protein. Additional bands result from differential glycosylation.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to amino acids surrounding Val200 of human TACE. Antibodies are purified by Protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
TACE (TNF-α converting enzyme), also known as ADAM17, is a transmembrane metalloprotease that plays a key role in the cleavage of a number cell surface molecules in a process known as “shedding". TACE is abundantly expressed in many adult tissues, but in fetal development expression is differentially regulated (1). An important substrate of TACE is pro-TNF-α (1). Increased expression of TACE is associated with several pathological conditions including osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis, where the pro-inflammatory effects of increased TNF-α contribute to disease pathogenesis (2,3). Regulation of other important molecules by TACE such as EGFR and Notch has recently been documented. TACE is responsible for the shedding of EGFR ligands such as amphiregulin and TNF-α. Some tumors have hyperactivated EGFR due to upregulated TNF-α production and upregulated TACE, making TACE a potential target for drug development (4). TACE activates Notch in a ligand-independent manner and has been shown to play a role in the development of the Drosophila nervous system (5). TACE has also been proposed to act as α-secretase for amyloid precursor protein (APP) (6), and to be involved in the renewal and proliferation of neural stem cells (7).
- Black, R.A. et al. (1997) Nature 385, 729-33.
- Amin, A.R. (1999) Osteoarthritis Cartilage 7, 392-4.
- Patel, I.R. et al. (1998) J Immunol 160, 4570-9.
- Kenny, P.A. (2007) Differentiation 75, 800-8.
- Delwig, A. and Rand, M.D. (2008) Cell Mol Life Sci 65, 2232-43.
- Deuss, M. et al. (2008) Curr Alzheimer Res 5, 187-201.
- Xu, P. and Derynck, R. (2010) Mol Cell 37, 551-66. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3707 TNF-α Antibody
- 2421 Cleaved Notch1 (Val1744) Antibody
- 2452 APP Antibody
- 2232 EGF Receptor Antibody
- 4407 Phospho-EGF Receptor (Tyr1173) (53A5) Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 4147 Cleaved Notch1 (Val1744) (D3B8) Rabbit mAb
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.