Product Pathways - Lineage Markers
LIN28A (P22) Antibody #3979
Reactivity Key: H=Human Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
LIN28A (P22) Antibody detects endogenous levels of total LIN28A protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to amino acid sequence surrounding Pro22 of human LIN28A. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
LIN28A and LIN28B are conserved, developmentally regulated RNA binding proteins that inhibit the processing and maturation of the let-7 family of miRNAs (1,2). The let-7 miRNAs have been implicated in repression of oncogenes such as Ras, Myc, and HMGA2 (3). It has recently been shown that upregulation of LIN28A and LIN28B in primary human tumors and human cancer cell lines is correlated with downregulation of let-7 miRNAs (4). LIN28 genes are reported to be involved in primordial germ cell development and germ cell malignancy (5). In addition, allelic variation in LIN28B is associated with regulating the timing of puberty in humans (6). Overexpression of LIN28A, in conjunction with Oct-4, Sox2, and Nanog, can reprogram human fibroblasts to pluripotent, ES-like cells (7).
- Balzer, E. and Moss, E.G. (2007) RNA Biol 4, 16-25.
- Piskounova, E. et al. (2008) J Biol Chem 283, 21310-4.
- Cho, W.C. (2007) Mol Cancer 6, 60.
- Viswanathan, S.R. et al. (2009) Nat Genet 41, 843-8.
- West, J.A. et al. (2009) Nature 460, 909-13.
- Ong, K.K. et al. (2009) Nat Genet 41, 729-33.
- Yu, J. et al. (2007) Science 318, 1917-20.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 3978 LIN28A (A177) Antibody
- 9402 c-Myc Antibody
- 2840 Oct-4A (C30A3) Rabbit mAb
- 2890 Oct-4A (C52G3) Rabbit mAb
- 2748 Sox2 Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.