Product Pathways - NF-kB Signaling
MAVS Antibody #3993
|W IF-IC||H||Endogenous||75, 52||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
MAVS Antibody detects endogenous levels of total human MAVS protein. The bands detected at 52 and 75 kDa correlate with those described by Seth et al. (2005).
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues at the carboxyl terminus of human MAVS. Antibodies were purified by affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from LNCaP, MCF-7, and HT29 cell lines using MAVS Antibody.
Western blot analysis of extracts from HeLa cells, mock-transfected or transfected with human MAVS, using MAVS Antibody.
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of MCF-7 cells using MAVS Antibody (green) showing colocalization with mitochondria that have been labeled with MitoTracker® Red CMXRos (red). Blue pseudocolor = DRAQ5™ (fluorescent DNA dye).
The mitochondrial antiviral signaling protein (MAVS, VISA) contributes to innate immunity by triggering IRF-3 and NF-κB activation in response to viral infection, leading to the production of IFN-β (1). The MAVS protein contains an N-terminal CARD domain and a C-terminal mitochondrial transmembrane domain. The MAVS adaptor protein plays a critical and specific role in viral defenses (2). MAVS acts downstream of the RIG-I RNA helicase and viral RNA sensor, leading to the recruitment of IKKε, TRIF and TRAF6 (3,4). Some viruses have evolved strategies to circumvent these innate defenses by using proteases that cleave MAVS to prevent its mitochondrial localization (5,6).
- Seth, R.B. et al. (2005) Cell 122, 669-682.
- Sun, Q. et al. (2006) Immunity 24, 633-642.
- Xu, L.G. et al. (2005) Mol. Cell 19, 727-740.
- Yoneyama, M. et al. (2004) Nat. Immunol. 5, 730-737.
- Lin, R. et al. (2006) J. Virol. 80, 6072-6083.
- Chen, Z. et al. (2007) J. Virol. 81, 964-976.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4983 MAVS Antibody (Rodent Specific)
- 3699 MyD88 Antibody
- 3031 Phospho-NF-κB p65 (Ser536) Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.