Product Pathways - Neuroscience
Plexin A2 Antibody #3994
|W IP||H M R||Endogenous||212||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Plexin A2 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total Plexin A2 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide surrounding Leu450 of human Plexin A2. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Class 3 secreted semaphorin (Sema3A) is a chemorepellent that acts upon a wide variety of axons. As such, it induces a dramatic redistribution and depolymerization of actin filaments that results in growth cone collapse. Plexins are single membrane-spanning signaling proteins encompassing Plexin A1, A2, A3, and A4. Plexins form a complex with neuropilin-1 and -2 and the cell adhesion protein L1 to form a functional semaphorin receptor (1,2). The GTPase Rnd1 binds to the cytoplasmic domain of Plexin A1 to trigger cytoskeletal collapse. In contrast, the GTPase RhoD blocks Rnd1-mediated Plexin A1 activation and repulsion of sympathetic axons by Sema3A (3).
Sema6A is also a ligand for Plexin A2. Both Sema6A and Plexin A2 knock-out mice have a granule cell migration defect, where cells remain in the molecular layer. Furthermore, Plexin A2 also controls nucleus-centrosome coupling which modulates cell migration (4).
- Pasterkamp, R.J. and Kolodkin, A.L. (2003) Curr Opin Neurobiol 13, 79-89.
- Takahashi, T. and Strittmatter, S.M. (2001) Neuron 29, 429-39.
- Zanata, S.M. et al. (2002) J Neurosci 22, 471-7.
- Renaud, J. et al. (2008) Nat Neurosci 11, 440-9.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3366 Neuropilin-2 (D39A5) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7075 Anti-biotin, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 3813 Plexin A1 Antibody
- 3816 Plexin A4 (C5D1) Rabbit mAb
- 3725 Neuropilin-1 (D62C6) Rabbit mAb
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.