Product Pathways - Cell Cycle / Checkpoint
MSH6 (L990) Antibody #3996
|W IF-IC||H Mk||Endogenous||160||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
MSH6 (L990) Antibody detects endogenous levels of total MSH6 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the carboxy terminus of human MLH6. Antibodies are purified using protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell types using MSH6 (L990) Antibody.
The DNA mismatch repair system (MMR) repairs post-replication DNA, inhibits recombination between nonidentical DNA sequences, and induces both checkpoint and apoptotic responses following certain types of DNA damage (1). MSH2 (MutS homologue 2) forms the hMutS-α dimer with MSH6 and is an essential component of the mismatch repair process. hMutS-α is part of the BRCA1-associated surveillance complex (BASC), a complex that also contains BRCA1, MLH1, ATM, BLM, PMS2 proteins, and the Rad50-Mre11-NBS1 complex (2). Mutations in MSH6 and other MMR proteins have been found in a large proportion of hereditary nonpolyposis colorectal cancer (Lynch Syndrome), the most common form of inherited colorectal cancer in the Western world (3). Mutations in MSH6 have been shown to occur in glioblastoma in response to temozolomide therapy and to promote temozolomide resistance (4).
- O'Brien, V. and Brown, R. (2006) Carcinogenesis 27, 682-92.
- Wang, Y. et al. (2000) Genes Dev 14, 927-39.
- Plotz, G. et al. (2006) J Mol Histol 37, 271-83.
- Yip, S. et al. (2009) Clin Cancer Res 15, 4622-9.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3515 MLH1 (4C9C7) Mouse mAb
- 2850 MSH2 (3A2) Mouse mAb
- 2017 MSH2 (D24B5) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 2193 RPA70 (C24F2) Rabbit mAb
- 2586 PCNA (PC10) Mouse mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.