Product Pathways - Metabolism
IDH1 Antibody #3997
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
IDH1 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total IDH1 protein. The antibody does not cross react with IDH2.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the N terminus of human IDH1. Antibodies were purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
IDH1 is one of three isocitrate dehydrogenases that catalyze the oxidative decarboxylation of isocitrate to α-ketoglutarate (α-KG). These enzymes exist in two distinct subclasses that utilize either NAD or NADP+ respectively, as an electron acceptor (1). IDH1 is the NADP+-dependent isocitrate dehydrogenase found in the cytoplasm and peroxisomes. IDH2 and 3 are mitochodrial enzymes that also function in the Krebs cycle. IDH1 is inactivated by phosphorylation at Ser113 and contains a clasp-like domain wherein both polypeptide chains in the dimer interlock (2,3). IDH1 is expressed in a wide range of species and also in organisms that lack a complete citric acid cycle. Recently, an inactivating mutation of IDH1 has been implicated in glioblastoma (4). IDH1 appears to function as a tumor suppressor that, when mutationally inactivated, contributes to tumorigenesis in part through induction of the HIF-1 pathway (5).
- Ramachandran, N. and Colman, R.F. (1980) J Biol Chem 255, 8859-64.
- Bennett, P.M. and Holms, W.H. (1975) J Gen Microbiol 87, 37-51.
- Hurley, J.H. et al. (1990) Science 249, 1012-6.
- Bleeker, F.E. et al. (2009) Hum Mutat 30, 7-11.
- Zhao, S. et al. (2009) Science 324, 261-5.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.