Product Pathways - Cytoskeletal Signaling
Troponin I Antibody #4002
|W||M (H) (R) (Pg)||Endogenous||28||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Pg=Pig
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Troponin I Antibody detects endogenous levels of total troponin I, both skeletal muscle and cardiac isoforms.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with two synthetic peptides corresponding to the sequence of human troponin I. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from unstimulated and isoproterenol stimulated myocytes, using Troponin I Antibody.
Troponin, working in conjunction with tropomyosin, functions as a molecular switch, regulating muscle contraction in response to changes in the intracellular Ca2+ concentration. Troponin consists of three subunits: the Ca2+-binding subunit troponin C (TnC), the tropomyosin-binding subunit troponin T (TnT), and the inhibitory subunit troponin I (TnI) (1). In response to β-adrenergic stimulation of the heart, Ser23 and Ser24 of TnI (cardiac) are phosphorylated by PKA and PKC. This phosphorylation stimulates a conformational change of the regulatory domain of TnC, reduces the association between TnI and TnC, and decreases myofilament Ca2+ sensitivity by reducing the Ca2+ binding affinity of TnC (1-3).
- Ward, D.G. et al. (2002) J. Biol. Chem. 277, 41795-41801.
- Noland, T.A. et al. (1995) J. Biol. Chem. 270, 25445-25454.
- Gaponenko, V. et al. (1999) J. Biol. Chem. 274, 16681-16684.
- Charo, D.N. et al. (2009) Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 297, H1904-13. Applications: Western Blotting
- Haworth, R.S. et al. (2004) Circ Res 95, 1091-9. Applications: Western Blotting
- Sadayappan, S. et al. (2008) FASEB J 22, 1246-57. Applications: IF-P (paraffin) Western Blotting
- De Arcangelis, V. et al. (2008) Mol Pharmacol 74, 1453-62. Applications: Western Blotting
- Ku, P.M. et al. (2011) Cardiovasc Diabetol 10, 57. Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4004 Phospho-Troponin I (Cardiac) (Ser23/24) Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.