Product Pathways - Cytoskeletal Signaling
Phospho-Troponin I (Cardiac) (Ser23/24) Antibody #4004
|4004S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|4004||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-Troponin I (Cardiac) (Ser23/24) Antibody detects endogenous levels of cardiac troponin I only when phosphorylated at Ser23/24.This antibody does not cross-react with phosphorylated skeletal muscle troponin I.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser23/24 of human troponin I (cardiac). Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Troponin, working in conjunction with tropomyosin, functions as a molecular switch that regulates muscle contraction in response to changes in the intracellular Ca2+ concentration. Troponin consists of three subunits: the Ca2+-binding subunit troponin C (TnC), the tropomyosin-binding subunit troponin T (TnT), and the inhibitory subunit troponin I (TnI) (1). In response to β-adrenergic stimulation of the heart, Ser23 and Ser24 of TnI (cardiac) are phosphorylated by PKA and PKC. This phosphorylation stimulates a conformational change of the regulatory domain of TnC, reduces the association between TnI and TnC, and decreases myofilament Ca2+ sensitivity by reducing the Ca2+ binding affinity of TnC (1-3).
- Birkeland, J.A. et al. (2007) Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 293, H2367-76. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Palpant, N.J. et al. (2008) Cardiovasc Res 80, 209-18. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Charo, D.N. et al. (2009) Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 297, H1904-13. Applications: Western Blotting.
- De Arcangelis, V. et al. (2008) Mol Pharmacol 74, 1453-62. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Haworth, R.S. et al. (2004) Circ Res 95, 1091-9. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Sumandea, M.P. et al. (2008) J Biol Chem 283, 22680-9. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Pires, A.L. et al. (2013) J Physiol 591, 677-87. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4002 Troponin I Antibody
- 9621 Phospho-(Ser/Thr) PKA Substrate Antibody
- 2261 Phospho-(Ser) PKC Substrate Antibody
- 9921 Phospho-PKC Antibody Sampler Kit
- 9371 Phospho-PKC (pan) (βII Ser660) Antibody
- 9374 Phospho-PKCδ (Thr505) Antibody
- 9375 Phospho-PKCα/β II (Thr638/641) Antibody
- 9376 Phospho-PKCδ/θ (Ser643/676) Antibody
- 9379 Phospho-PKC (pan) (gamma Thr514) Antibody
- 2055 Phospho-PKCdelta (Tyr311) Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.