Product Pathways - Tyrosine Kinase / Adaptors
Fyn Antibody #4023
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Fyn Antibody detects endogenous levels of total Fyn proteins. This antibody does not cross-react with Src and Hck family members.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser25 of human Fyn. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
The Src family of protein tyrosine kinases, which includes Src, Lyn, Fyn, Yes, Lck, Blk, and Hck, are important in the regulation of growth and differentiation of eukaryotic cells (1). Src activity is regulated by tyrosine phosphorylation at two sites, but with opposing effects. While phosphorylation at Tyr416 in the activation loop of the kinase domain upregulates enzyme activity, phosphorylation at Tyr527 in the carboxy-terminal tail by Csk renders the enzyme less active (2).
Fyn is a 59 kDa member of the Src family of tyrosine kinases. The carboxy terminus of Fyn shares extensive amino acid sequence homology with Src, but is very different within the amino-terminal 81 amino acid residues. The Fyn protein is synthesized and N-myristoylated on cytosolic polysomes and then rapidly targeted to the plasma membrane, where it is palmitoylated (3). The corresponding sequences surrounding Tyr416 and Tyr527 of Src are conserved in Fyn and thus may be similarly regulated by phosphorylation. Dually acetylated Fyn clusters in caveolae-like membrane microdomains and can interact with a variety of other signaling molecules. Fyn's biological functions are diverse and include signaling via the T cell receptor, regulation of brain function and adhesion mediated signaling (4, 5). Alteration of the levels of Fyn in appropriate target tissues may lead to better treatments for some related diseases.
- Thomas, S.M. and Brugge, J.S. (1997) Annu. Rev. Cell Dev. Biol. 13, 513-609.
- Hunter, T. (1987) Cell 49, 1-4.
- Resh, M.D. (1998) Int J Biochem Cell Biol 30, 1159-62.
- Nel, A.E. (2002) J Allergy Clin Immunol 109, 758-70.
- Fukai, I. et al. (2000) Eur J Immunol 30, 3507-15.
- Pallotta, M.T. et al. (2011) Nat Immunol 12, 870-8. Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2101 Phospho-Src Family (Tyr416) Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.