Product Pathways - Adhesion
α-Parvin Antibody #4026
|4026S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|4026||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Hamster, Monkey, Dog||Endogenous||43||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry)
Specificity / Sensitivity
α-Parvin Antibody detects endogenous levels of total α-parvin protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the amino terminus of human α-parvin. Antibodies are purified by peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell types using α-Parvin Antibody. In lane 2, HeLa cells were isolated in mitosis by mitotic shake-off following nocodozole treatment (100 ng/mL for 4 hours).
The extracellular matrix (ECM) is a complex structure of secreted macromolecules surrounding mammalian organs and tissues. Controlled interactions between cells and the ECM are important in proliferation, migration, survival, polarity, and differentiation. Cells contact the ECM primarily through heterodimeric integral membrane proteins called integrins. Integrins connect the ECM to the cytoskeleton, and therefore the cell signaling machinery, through protein complexes called focal adhesions (1).
The ILK/PINCH/Parvin (IPP) complex is composed of three highly conserved proteins recruited to sites of ECM contact as pre-assembled structures. The IPP acts at the interface of the integrin/actin connection to regulate formation of focal adhesions and integrin signaling. All three proteins contain multiple protein binding domains allowing them to function as adaptor proteins in the formation of focal adhesions. ILK (integrin-linked kinase) also has a catalytic (protein Ser/Thr kinase) domain, and may or may not function as a kinase in vivo. Roles for IPP proteins outside of the IPP complex have been proposed, including regulation of gene expression (2,3).
The parvin family consists of 3 members, α-parvin/actopaxin, β-parvin/affixin, and γ-parvin. α-parvin and β-parvin are expressed ubiquitously, while expression of γ-parvin is restricted to hematopoietic cells (4). α-parvin binds to f-actin both directly and via interaction with the focal adhesion protein paxillin (5). α-parvin regulates cell spreading and motility through interactions with the cofilin kinase TESK1 (6), and with the GTPase activating protein CdGAP (7). Phosphorylation of α-parvin during mitosis may have a role in the regulation of actin dynamics during the cell cycle (8).
- Burridge, K. et al. (1988) Annu Rev Cell Biol 4, 487-525.
- Legate, K.R. et al. (2006) Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol 7, 20-31.
- Wu, C. (2004) Biochim Biophys Acta 1692, 55-62.
- Korenbaum, E. et al. (2001) Gene 279, 69-79.
- Nikolopoulos, S.N. and Turner, C.E. (2000) J Cell Biol 151, 1435-48.
- LaLonde, D.P. et al. (2005) J Biol Chem 280, 21680-8.
- LaLonde, D.P. et al. (2006) Curr Biol 16, 1375-85.
- Curtis, M. et al. (2002) Biochem J 363, 233-42.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2542 Paxillin Antibody
- 2541 Phospho-Paxillin (Tyr118) Antibody
- 3856 ILK1 (4G9) Rabbit mAb
- 3862 ILK1 Antibody
- 4706 Integrin β1 Antibody
- 4702 Integrin β3 Antibody
- 4708 Integrin β5 Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
DRAQ5® is a registered trademark of Biostatus Limited.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.