Product Pathways - Neuroscience
CaMKIV Antibody #4032
|W IP||H M R||Endogenous||58, 60: human. 61, 63: rat and mouse.||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
CaMKIV Antibody detects total levels of endogenous CaMKIV.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide around amino acid 282-300 of human CaMKIV. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
CaMKIV is an important member of calcium/calmodulin-activated kinases. CaMKIV signaling has been related to long-term neural potentiation and memory (1,2), as well as T-cell receptor signaling (3). CaMKIV has catalytic and regulatory domains. The Ca2+/calmodulin-dependent CaMKK phosphorylates CaMKIV, releasing the autoinhibitory effect and thus activating the kinase (4-6). The activated CaMKIV further autophosphorylates itself at Thr196 (or Thr200 in human) to render the kinase constitutively active (5). The threonine phosphorylation state of CaMKIV can be downregulated by PP2A dephosphorylation.
- Kang, H. et al. (2001) Cell 106, 771-783.
- Kasahara, J. et al. (2001) J. Biol. Chem. 276, 24044-24050.
- Yu, C.T. et al. (2001) J. Immunol. 166, 284-292.
- Chatila, T. et al. (1996) J. Biol. Chem. 271, 21542-21548.
- Means, A.R. (2000) Mol. Endocrinol. 14, 4-13.
- Müller, M. et al. (2011) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108, 13293-8. Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3361 Phospho-CaMKII (Thr286) Antibody
- 3362 CaMKII (pan) Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.