Product Pathways - Neuroscience
CREB (48H2) Rabbit mAb (Biotinylated) #4034
|W||H M R Mk Dm||Endogenous||43||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey Dm=D. melanogaster
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
CREB (48H2) Rabbit mAb (Biotinylated) detects endogenous levels of total CREB protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with recombinant protein specific to the amino terminus of human CREB protein.
This Cell Signaling Technology antibody is conjugated to biotin under optimal conditions. The biotinylated antibody is expected to exhibit the same species cross reactivity as the unconjugated CREB (48H2) Rabbit mAb #9197.
CREB is a bZIP transcription factor that activates target genes through cAMP response elements. CREB is able to mediate signals from numerous physiological stimuli, resulting in regulation of a broad array of cellular responses. While CREB is expressed in numerous tissues, it plays a large regulatory role in the nervous system. CREB is believed to play a key role in promoting neuronal survival, precursor proliferation, neurite outgrowth, and neuronal differentiation in certain neuronal populations (1-3). Additionally, CREB signaling is involved in learning and memory in several organisms (4-6). CREB is able to selectively activate numerous downstream genes through interactions with different dimerization partners. CREB is activated by phosphorylation at Ser133 by various signaling pathways including Erk, Ca2+, and stress signaling. Some of the kinases involved in phosphorylating CREB at Ser133 are p90RSK, MSK, CaMKIV, and MAPKAPK-2 (7-9).
- Lonze, B.E. et al. (2002) Neuron 34, 371-85.
- Lee, M.M. et al. (1999) J Neurosci Res 55, 702-12.
- Redmond, L. et al. (2002) Neuron 34, 999-1010.
- Dash, P.K. et al. (1990) Nature 345, 718-21.
- Yin, J.C. et al. (1994) Cell 79, 49-58.
- Guzowski, J.F. and McGaugh, J.L. (1997) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 94, 2693-8.
- Xing, J. et al. (1998) Mol Cell Biol 18, 1946-55.
- Ribar, T.J. et al. (2000) J Neurosci 20, RC107.
- Tan, Y. et al. (1996) EMBO J 15, 4629-42.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3999 Streptavidin-HRP
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 9191 Phospho-CREB (Ser133) Antibody
- 9198 Phospho-CREB (Ser133) (87G3) Rabbit mAb
- 9197 CREB (48H2) Rabbit mAb
- 9190 PhosphoPlus® CREB (Ser133) Antibody Kit
- 9104 CREB (86B10) Mouse mAb
- 9196 Phospho-CREB (Ser133) (1B6) Mouse mAb
- 9187 Phospho-CREB (Ser133) (87G3) Rabbit mAb (Alexa Fluor® 488 Conjugate)
Rabbit monoclonal antibody is produced under license (granting certain rights including those under U. S. Patents No. 5,675,063 and 7,429,487) from Epitomics, Inc.
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.