Product Pathways - Development
KLF4 Antibody #4038
|W||H M Mk||Endogenous||65||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
KLF4 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total KLF4 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with synthetic peptide corresponding to amino acid sequence at the amino terminus of human KLF4. Antibodies are purified by Protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
KLF4 is a member of the erythroid Kruppel-like factor (EKLF) multigene family that is highly expressed in the differentiating layers of the epidermis (1, 2). KLF4 plays a critical role in the differentiation of epithelial cells and is essential for normal gastric homeostasis (2,3). Depending on the target gene, KLF4 can function as both a repressor and activator of transcription (4). Research studies suggest this protein may function as either a tumor suppressor or an oncogene depending on tumor type, with up-regulation in human squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck and down-regulation in colorectal carcinoma (5,6). The in vitro reprogramming of somatic cells to an embryonic-like state has been achieved by retroviral transduction of four factors: Oct-3/4, Sox2, c-Myc, and KLF4 (7). These induced pluripotent stem cells (iPS) are of great therapeutic interest as they exhibit the key characteristics and growth properties of pluripotent stem cells (8,9).
- Yet, S.F. et al. (1998) J Biol Chem 273, 1026-31.
- Segre, J.A. et al. (1999) Nat Genet 22, 356-60.
- Katz, J.P. et al. (2005) Gastroenterology 128, 935-45.
- Evans, P.M. and Liu, C. (2008) Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai) 40, 554-64.
- Foster, K.W. et al. (2005) Oncogene 24, 1491-500.
- Rowland, B.D. and Peeper, D.S. (2006) Nat Rev Cancer 6, 11-23.
- Takahashi, K. and Yamanaka, S. (2006) Cell 126, 663-76.
- Meissner, A. et al. (2007) Nat Biotechnol 25, 1177-81.
- Park, I.H. et al. (2008) Nature 451, 141-6.
- Davis-Dusenbery, B.N. et al. (2011) J Biol Chem 286, 28097-110. Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2840 Oct-4A (C30A3) Rabbit mAb
- 2750 Oct-4 Antibody
- 3579 Sox2 (D6D9) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 3580 Nanog Antibody
- 3695 LIN28A (D84C11) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 3978 LIN28A (A177) Antibody
- 9402 c-Myc Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.