Product Pathways - Jak/Stat Pathway
Jak2 (D2E12) XP® Rabbit mAb (Biotinylated) #4040
|W F||H M R||Endogenous||125||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Jak2 (D2E12) XP® Rabbit mAb (Biotinylated) detects endogenous levels of total Jak2 protein. No cross-reactivity was observed with other family members.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Pro841 of Jak2 protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using Jak2 (D2E12) XP® Rabbit mAb (Biotinylated) and detected with Streptavidin-HRP #3999.
This Cell Signaling Technology antibody is conjugated to biotin under optimal conditions. The biotinylated antibody is expected to exhibit the same cross-reactivity as the unconjugated antibody (Jak2 (D2E12) XP® Rabbit mAb #3230).
Members of the Janus family of tyrosine kinases (Jak1, Jak2, Jak3, and Tyk2) are activated by ligands binding to a number of associated cytokine receptors (1). Upon cytokine receptor activation, Jak proteins become autophosphorylated and phosphorylate their associated receptors to provide multiple binding sites for signaling proteins. These associated signaling proteins, such as Stats (2), Shc (3), insulin receptor substrates (4), and focal adhesion kinase (FAK) (5), typically contain SH2 or other phospho-tyrosine-binding domains.
- Leonard, W.J. and O'Shea, J.J. (1998) Annu Rev Immunol 16, 293-322.
- Darnell, J.E. (1997) Science 277, 1630-5.
- VanderKuur, J. et al. (1995) J Biol Chem 270, 7587-93.
- Argetsinger, L.S. et al. (1995) J Biol Chem 270, 14685-92.
- Zhu, T. et al. (1998) J Biol Chem 273, 10682-9.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3230 Jak2 (D2E12) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 4089 Jak2 (D2E12) XP® Rabbit mAb (Sepharose Bead Conjugate)
- 3771 Phospho-Jak2 (Tyr1007/1008) Antibody
- 3776 Phospho-Jak2 (Tyr1007/1008) (C80C3) Rabbit mAb
- 3774 Phospho-Jak2 (Tyr221) Antibody
- 3999 Streptavidin-HRP
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.