Product Pathways - Lymphocyte Signaling
CD44 (156-3C11) Mouse mAb (Biotinylated) #4041
|4041S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|4041||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, F=Flow Cytometry
Specificity / Sensitivity
CD44 (156-3C11) Mouse mAb (Biotinylated) detects endogenous levels of total CD44 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing BALB/c mice with stimulated human leukocytes and recognizes residues surrounding Ser210 of human CD44
Western blot analysis of extracts from HeLa and PANC-1 cells using CD44 (156-3C11) Mouse mAb (Biotinylated) and developed using Streptavidin-HRP #3999.
This Cell Signaling Technology antibody is conjugated to biotin under optimal conditions. The biotinylated antibody exhibits the same species cross-reactivity as the unconjugated CD44 (156-3C11) Mouse mAb #3570.
CD44 is a type I transmembrane glycoprotein that mediates cell-cell and cell-matrix interaction through its affinity for hyaluronic acid (HA) and possibly through other parts of the extracellular matrix (ECM). CD44 is highly polymorphic, possesses a number of alternative splice variants and undergoes extensive post-translational modifications (1,2). Increased surface levels of CD44 are characteristic of T cell activation, and expression of the protein is upregulated during the inflammatory response. Research studies have shown that interactions between CD44 and HER2 are linked to an increase in ovarian carcinoma cell growth (1-3). CD44 interacts with ezrin, radixin and moesin (ERM), linking the actin cytoskeleton to the plasma membrane and the ECM (4-6). CD44 is constitutively phosphorylated at Ser325 in resting cells. Activation of PKC results in phosphorylation of Ser291, dephosphorylation of Ser325, disassociation of ezrin from CD44, and directional motility (4).
- Goodison, S. et al. (1999) Mol. Pathol. 52, 189-196.
- Cichy, J. and Puré, E. (2003) J. Cell Biol. 161, 839-843.
- Bourguignon, L.Y. et al. (1997) J. Biol. Chem. 272, 27913-27918.
- Legg, J.W. et al. (2002) Nat. Cell Biol. 4, 399-407.
- Yonemura, S. et al. (1998) J. Cell Biol. 140, 885-895.
- Tsukita, S. et al. (1994) J. Cell Biol. 126, 391-401.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3999 Streptavidin-HRP
- 3578 CD44 Antibody
- 4443 CD3ε (CD3-12) Rat mAb
- 3563 CD4 (Edu-2) Mouse mAb
- 3572 CD8 (RIV11) Mouse mAb
- 3565 CD10 (CB-CALLA) Mouse mAb
- 3569 CD34 (ICO115) Mouse mAb
- 3576 CD56 (NCAM) (123C3) Mouse mAb
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.