Product Pathways - PI3K / Akt Signaling
TCL1 Antibody #4042
|W IHC-P||H (M)||Endogenous||14||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
TCL1 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total TCL1.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the amino-terminal sequence of human TCL1. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
TCL1 (T cell leukemia 1), MTCP1 and TCL1b belong to the TCL1 proto-oncogene family, and their products are involved in Akt activation during embryonic development, T cell leukemias, prolymphocytic leukemias and B cell lymphomas (1-3). The Akt association domain of TCL1 binds with the PH domain of Akt. The formation of an oligomeric TCL-Akt complex is required for TCL1 coactivator function and results in phosphorylation and activation of Akt . Furthermore, functional analysis indicates that the interaction between TCL1 and Akt promotes translocation of Akt to the nucleus (4-6). These findings are supported by the crystal structure of TCL1, which suggests that TCL1 may participate in molecular transport (7).
- Narducci, M.G. et al. (2002) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 99, 11712-11717.
- Pekarsky, P. et al. (2001) Oncogene 20, 5638-5643.
- Hoyer, K.K. et al. (2002) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 99, 14392-14397.
- Laine, J. et al. (2000) Mol. Cell 6, 395-407.
- Laine, J. et al. (2002) J. Biol. Chem. 277, 3743-3751.
- KŸnstle, G. et al. (2002) Mol. Cell. Biol. 22, 1513-1525.
- Petock, J.M. et al. (2002) Scientific World Journal 2, 1876-1884.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4691 Akt (pan) (C67E7) Rabbit mAb
- 9271 Phospho-Akt (Ser473) Antibody
- 9275 Phospho-Akt (Thr308) Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 9270 PhosphoPlus® Akt (Ser473) Antibody Kit
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.